iPhone iOS 7 Fade Effect

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Jack25, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Jack25 macrumors regular

Jack25

Apologies if this has already been covered, but since updating to ios7, whenever I come in and out of an app, it's a different transitions. It's more of a fade effect. I notice this doesn't happen if I turn 'Reduce Motion' off. But I don't like the parallax effect that brings.

Is there any to get back my old app transitions while keeping reduce motion on?

2. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

No they changed this in 7.0.3

3. Jack25 thread starter macrumors regular

Jack25

Absolutely pointless. :mad:

Cheers.

4. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

The reduce motion switch now turns off parallax, and the zoom effect when opening/closing apps. So you either have parallax with zoom, or not, you can't separate the two. I like both the parallax effect, and zoom animations, so I leave them on, however it would be nice if You could turn those two things off separately.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Some people said the zooming made them dizzy so Apple made the zooms optional.

Follow ra4oasis's advice to turn them back on if you want them. I have, I think the fades look crappy.

6. kolax macrumors G3

It's a poor solution from Apple.

The zooming effect is duration more than anything. Though I changed my wallpaper recently and never realised when you open a folder, the wallpaper zooms too. It's a little too arty farty all this zooming and slow animations, but at the same time, I'd like a tiny bit.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

While it would be good to have separate options for that, it would seem that the reduce option effect likely meant to do both all along (since if it really was just for parallax only it would have simply been named a parallax option rather than anything else).