iOS 7 forcing me to update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by alaahershy, Oct 25, 2013.

1. alaahershy macrumors member

hey every1, I have an iPad 3 running 6.1.3 and I don't wont to update it to ios 7, but yesterday by chance I open software update and I found this surprising thing that my ipad is downloading ios 7 without even asking me, I reset all data and setting, and again it downloading the ios another time, so I found the best way is to forgot all wifi , to stop it, is there anyway to stop this , I''m afraid that someday I turn my ipad screen and found the ios 7 is in it:mad::mad::mad:... Thanks in advance

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It will download to your device, but it will not install unless you go in to Software Update and hit install (once it finishes downloading).

If you never manually hit install, it will never install iOS 7. The only bad part is it will take a few GB of space on your device while the downloaded software sits there waiting to be installed.

3. alaahershy thread starter macrumors member

Waiting For the Jailbreak

Thanks, So the best way to stop is to not install it and wait for the jailbreak, then reset all data, jailbreak it, and download the tweak from Cydia that called "no software update" that will stop and block the update forever.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

The jailbreak will likely block OTA updates automatically, as evasi0n did, so then no Cydia tweak would be needed.

6. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

7. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Haha good one.

8. Besnovich macrumors newbie

i hone not. ios7 sucks!

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen