iOS 7 Future Betas

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Andrew12498, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Andrew12498 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when Betas 4-8 will be released?

2. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

No one knows - not even Apple.

Beta 4 will probably arrive tomorrow if the dev-center is up. And it's not even sure that we'll get 8 betas.

They'll come out when they're ready.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

While there is a time table, apple is also reviewing feedback from the developers and trying to fix the bugs reported. This is no an exact science and so no one really knows when they'll be rolling out the next beta

4. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

nope!
    i do however know that beta 11.73 will be released on 12th October 2013 at 17:48:33 ET. might wanna watch out for that!
    it was posted in the apple financials.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

A strong possibility, as reported by a couple of analysts, is a late August launch for the new iOS and the new iPhones. Therefore we could see a Beta 5, and then the GM. I believe that's a strong possibility.

6. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Nobody knows but I can tell you when another one of these threads will be made again, right after beta 4 is released

7. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

A strong possibility? Says who? iOS 7 is not coming in 1 month.

See, summer ends September 21 and Apple has advertised both iOS 7 and Mavericks as "Coming this fall" which stars September 22, 4:44 P.M. EDT.

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Yea seriously. I should develop a watch that tells time based on "when is the next beta" threads. It will be more accurate that quartz crystal that's for sure.

9. paulcdb macrumors regular

I think there's more chance of seeing unicorns!

The beta isn't remotely close to being stable enough for release so i'd expect another 2 before there's any sniff of a GM release.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Agreed. I'll say at least 2. We'll be lucky to get the GM plus iPhones before the end of September.

11. naasrd macrumors 6502

naasrd

Yeah, you can work this out at home, it's simple. First get a piece of string, then measure it.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

How many threads do we really need to speculate? Who wants to guess? :rolleyes:

13. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Probably...? Are you just making this up or what? I don't understand how you would just magically come to this conclusion.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Wishful thinking, as is the case with all the guesses.

Change that "probably" to "possibly" and you pretty much have the only real answer that exists so far, since it can possibly come at any time.

We could potentially start another thread (or even a few) to speculate on it all some more.

15. jonnyb098 macrumors 68000

Why does everyone keeps saying it who knows and not even apple knows? Of course they know. They are releasing the next round of phones and iPads in the next 6-8 weeks. So there is an internal deadline.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or possibly up to the next 6-18 weeks.

17. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Beta 2 came exactly two weeks after beta 1. Beta 3 came exactly two weeks after beta 2.

So, every new beta is released two weeks after the previous one.

Hence the "probably" (if you do the math, it is today exactly two weeks since beta 3 was released).

Since the developer center was down today, and Apple tends to release the new betas on Mondays, I assume it will get out tomorrow (Tuesday) IF the developer center is back up (again: read what I write).

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/24/apple-seeds-ios-7-beta-2-to-developers/

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/07/08/apple-seeds-ios-7-beta-3-to-developers/

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Really? Two releases make a trustworthy pattern?

What about the fact that beta 2 came exactly a month before beta 1 was set to expire, and beta 3 came exactly a month before beta 2 was set to expire? Seems like that's no less of a "pattern" than simply one was two weeks after the other. And by that "pattern" beta 4 wouldn't be released today.

Or what about the fact that beta releases aren't always on Mondays, or fit into weekly increments? That there basically might not really be a set pattern for all of them?

19. jafingi, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Of course they have.

But if there is no bugs in beta 4, they'll just release the GM.

If there is a lot of bugs in beta 4, they'll release beta 5 before GM.

Apple doesn't have a roadmap saying that they HAVE to release EXACTLY 8 betas. It's done when it's done. Maybe it's after beta 4, maybe we need 8 betas. No one knows; not even Apple.

Yes, they have an internal deadline, but that has nothing to do with the betas. If iOS is running behind schedule, they'll just work harder on it, maybe make more frequent beta updates immediately after the bugs are fixed.

We have also seen before, that there is a second GM released in case of critical bugs. Again; this is NOTHING Apple had planned in their roadmap.

20. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Your problem is that you're blurring the line between assumption and fact, and giving answers as if you know them.

There is no "probably" here. There is only your wishful thinking. Nothing more.

iOS 5 & 6 betas started at 2-week releases, then moved to 3 and 4 weeks.

Beta 4 will be released when beta 4 is released. The end.

21. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Hmmm.. English is not my native language (Danish is), so I might have a wrong impression of what "probably" mean :)

I just meant that I could THINK that Apple would release it tomorrow. I'm not sure on anything. It was just an educated guess :)

22. futbalguy macrumors 6502

Possibly is a better choice if you just want to say there is a chance. Probably implies it is more likely to happen than not happen. There is certainly a chance that they were never planning on releasing today and are releasing next Monday instead.

23. jonnyb098 macrumors 68000

There is GOING to be an iPhone 5S this fall which means its GOING to run iOS7. Which means YES they do have a finite amount of time to get this done. Maybe it wont take a lot of betas but who knows. the only definite thing is that it has to get done and loaded onto new shipping iPhone 5S models. Even if they have to release it with some minor bugs. Thats just the way it is. They aren't going to release new products with iOS 6.

24. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Yes, that makes much more sense. I'd use "possibly" then ;)

25. macbookguy macrumors regular

macbookguy

thanks for making me pee my pants! :eek: