Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajiuo

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
What excuse do we use now?

"it's beta" was the classic Macrumors response to every problem, what now?:rolleyes:

As with any major OS update, we use the excuse that some apps will need to be updated in order to properly support the new operating system... big shocker ehh??

any app maker worth their sand will have most major issues fixed by 9-18 or shortly there after.. But then again google hasn't even updated its translate app for the 4" screen and its been almost a year.. So it could be a while or even never for some apps... Its called progress and progress is life.. We are bound to loose some apps along the way. Something new and better usually comes come along :)

you are better off asking the app companies to support IOS7.. its all on them now.

but if you seriously think Apple is going to make sure that every app is 100% compatible with IOS7... then HAHAHAHAH

Last edited:

dbasinge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
No, this is a good thread. A prudent person checks for app compatibility before they upgrade. As the early adopters it benefits everyone to post apps that aren't ready for iOS.

The OP didn't make any indications it's an iOS 7 problem. The off topic posts took this thread off the rails and folks should be more careful about staying on topic and not responding to off topic posts.

My intention was not to rag on iOS7 or app devs, I know most apps have not been updated, but to help people know what apps are having issues and let people know if iOS7 is effect there must have apps.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Is anyone able to update on game apps such as:

Infinity Blade I + II (III is coming next week!)
Asphalt 8
All Final Fantasies games (FF III, IV, V, FFTactics)

Those unreal engine games and big name titles, yes, I am aware it's up to the devs to update them when iOS is out for bugs/issues and compatibility matters, but would love to know if most of them will work without crashing on iOS 7 without getting fix, if majority works fine it would be safe to update my iPod to iOS 7 then, otherwise I'll stick with 6. My iPod is purely a gaming device.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Jasmine youtube app doesn't work. Crashes on opening. I am running GM on ipad 3. So far I really like ios7 on my ipad3. Only issues is changing wallpaper. Applying wallpaper within photos app doesnt work. Changing wallpaper inside settings takes for ever! Will be fixed with 7.0.1 so not to concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.