iOS 7 GM Batt Life. and Google Maps

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DayOfChaos, Sep 15, 2013.

1. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

Hello everyone-

Has anyone used Google Maps on iOS 7 GM and noticed that well, locking the display pretty much makes navigation pause, voice guidance pause, and no turn notifications? I know, it may need to update to fix compatibility - just wanted to see if it was working for anyone else.

Also I noticed that if I use third party apps, or Apple Maps on GM, battery just goes down about 10% every 10 minutes. Is this..normal performance? I pretty much have backgrounding turned off, parallax off, location services off expect Siri and a few others.

I did a complete restore. Should I do another restore to see if it fixes it?

2. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Well, since you have background app refresh disabled, Google Maps is forcibly suspended. In iOS6, it had the right to continue running in the background similar to what that setting does in 7, but with no means to turn it on or off such as with the new iOS.

Since you have it off, Google Maps won't continue functioning in the background. You need to reenable background app refresh for Google Maps to allow it the privilege of running in the background the way it did in iOS 6.

As for battery life, can't say. Haven't used turn-by-turn much since the upgrade to compare.