iOS 7 GM + iTunes 11.1 Beta Back up error?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MBX, Sep 13, 2013.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Hi there

Sorry if this has been asked before but ever since I installed iOS7 GM I get an error message when trying to back up the phone. First it said I needed to upgrade to this Beta version of iTunes after i installed GM but now I can't back up anymore.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

2. Rich74 macrumors regular

Have you got version 11.1?

Otherwise you'll have to wait till 18th.

3. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Why isn't it possible to back up iOS7 GM with latest iTunes or even 11.1 Beta?

This really sucks. Do I really have to wait til 18th?

4. Rich74 macrumors regular

You should be able to with 11.1 beta if you have it installed.

What is the message it says when you plug in the phone?

5. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

It's not working with latest iTunes 11.1 beta and previous version.

Here's the error message. What now? :(

Attached Files:

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Just update without backing up and live with it until the new iTunes is released next week. It will be fine.

7. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

You updated the phone using the previous version of iTunes, and THEN updated iTunes to the beta in an attempt to be able to restore, correct?

If that's the case, then it seems that's your problem (though I am not a developer so I couldn't tell you WHY exactly..)

Lots of other people (myself included) who installed the iTunes beta BEFORE trying to install the GM on the phone haven't had any issues with restoring a backup on GM.

Sorry about your luck OP, maybe someone who knows programming can give you some advice. :(

8. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

No I'm not trying to restore. Everything was fine with iOS 7 beta 6 but then GM came out and I thought this would be the best version of all with all small bugs out of the way. So I updated it but then I learned that in order to use it with iTunes I had to update to latest 11.1 Beta. Once I installed that I can't back it up as I get that error message.

Really sucks. I would like to back up as I may restore the phone and then be able to restore latest settings/ data once the final is out + the 5S.

9. KrisLord macrumors 6502a

I would try making a new backup rather than updating an existing one.

find your backup folder, move it elsewhere - then try backing up again.

I've moved backups between PC's before and not had any issues. So if the above doesn't fix things you can always put your backup folder back into the right place.

10. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

Just for anyone using windows to update to GM don't restore, instead shift+UPDATE. This way nothing is removed from your phone, just a simple OS update. I know its too late for you now but just for any one strolling through the forums.

11. ninjaplz macrumors member

Also BEFORE UPDATING, do a backup to ICLOUD. You do not need itunes 11.1