iOS 7 GM on iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by newbreed23, Sep 14, 2013.

1. newbreed23 macrumors member

I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread but I was hoping to get a simple answer. Has anyone put the GM on an iPad 2? Is it smooth or a stuttering mess? I only ask because my Dad loves his ipad 2 and it runs very well on ios 6. I don't want him to update if it's not smooth. Thanks for any help guys. Much appreciated.

2. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Do not update.
    It is lagging occasionally and it has all those fancy translucency effects disabled which are advertised with iOS 7. NC and CC are plain grey/black so it's highly unlikely he'll like the UI.
    Other than that, many things are still buggy (wallpaper setting, parallax lag, pinch to close gesture, Safari crash etc.) I'd rather NOT update on 18th as well.

3. newbreed23 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for your response. I will tell him to hold off on updating until, hopefully, things smooth out.

4. moargolems macrumors regular

5. hashholly macrumors 6502

I've tested every beta and have the GM installed and it's smooth. Sure you don't get all the translucent effects but that's not that big of a deal.

Wallpaper takes a couple seconds to apply but other than that I haven't come across anything that's made me want to downgrade

6. adamtarrence macrumors newbie

I agree. The GM isn't that bad on the 2. Do a clean install if possible.

That being said, there's not that much that would make me want to convince my dad to upgrade if I knew there was a chance he would hate it and want to revert back. The benefits may not outweigh the risk.

7. Oui macrumors 6502

Clean installed on my iPad 2 and have no issues whatsoever.

8. newbreed23 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help everyone! Decisions, Decisions....

9. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I just put the iOS7 GM on my iPad 2 and haven't noticed any lag and it hasn't crashed either. I did a restore from iCloud too.

10. CreepingDeath macrumors member

Been rockin' back and forth between iOS 6 and 7 on my iPad 2 and now I'm staying with iOS 7.

iOS 6 looks horribly dated, but the battery is obviously better.

11. ParagJain macrumors 6502

Just did a clean install. Very reluctantly. But I am pleasantly surprised. It's pretty smooth.

Still hate the icons. But the overall animations are nice considering this is only an iPad 2.

12. freemannnn macrumors regular

I did a clean install also, and i am surprised that is running ok for me!!!!!!