iOS 7 GM Question

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TrenttonY, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Sense iOS 7 beta 7 is most likely not happening will the GM have "beta updates" or will it be exactly the same as iOS 7 beta 6 because developers won't be able to test it?

2. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

If there is no beta 7, which we don't know for certain yet (it could come in 5 minutes or it could never come), and the GM is the next release, then from there on out we will only see 7.0.X updates. The beta cycle only exists before the GM is released. :apple:

3. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

After the GM will come 7.0.x, which are basically the best after a new version of iOS since they iron out the left over bugs. The next Beta that developers will have to start testing out will be 7.1 which usually is out in December or so.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

GM would usually have some more fixes/changes when compared to the last beta.

5. benji888 macrumors 68000

benji888

The GM will have more updates/fixes and will have debugging turned off, and be tightened up (i.e. "animation lag")...essentially the same as iOS 7.0 public release, unless there is a rare major bug that needs fixed between GM and when the new iPhones are dropped.

At this point, I'm guessing, if there is not a beta 7 for iPhones (probably not, but we could be surprised Friday;)), then:

-iOS 7 GM for iPhones/iPod touch
    -iOS 7 beta 7 for iPads
    •-On the same day (same build?)

•-GM for iPad two weeks b4 iPads due to be delivered.

Anyone agree?

6. squall101403 macrumors newbie

Is it safe to Update from beta 6 to GM via iTunes to preserve data? Or is it recommended to Restore from beta 6 to GM via iTunes

7. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Clean installation is recommended.

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

If its released for the iPad at a later date, would it be under a different version number? 7.0.1/7.1 for example? Did that happen in the past?

9. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

a friendly reminder: There is no OTA Update for going GM to Beta and/or Beta to GM. That's exactly why you were instructed NOT to install the beta on your Primary Devices! The Beta 6 has a Time Bomb as well so when the next Build comes out you will need to Upgrade to it even if it means installing the GM as a Factory Restore (which is highly recommended when removing a Beta to go to a GM)! Just FYI!

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's possible but we don't really know what Apple is going to do.

11. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

That has always been the case, but it still won't stop the non-developers on here complaining about that fact.

12. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

Non-Apple-Developer's are NOT even supposed to be in possession of this Beta!

13. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Obviously. But they are.

14. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

and while its true that I am not currently Developing any Apps on the App Store, I got my Beta Copy the Legal way by paying Apple the $99 U.S.A. Dollars, and I also have an Android Smartphone with 4.3 OS on it so I do have plenty of experience messing around with Smart Phones.