iOS 7 GM vs Public Release

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mitch1211, Sep 14, 2013.

1. mitch1211 macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I've upgraded my iPhone 5 to iOS7 GM, when the public release comes out next week will i get a notification to upgrade to that version? Or will I just continue on the GM version?

Regards,

Mitch

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

They are the same thing. You will receive a notification to update to 7.X next.

3. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

If I update from 6.1.4 to the GM version on Windows, can you put your music back on your phone with the current Itunes or would I be out of luck until Wednesday

4. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

If you do an update, the music will stay on your phone. But I'd still recommend you wait until iTunes 11 comes out for Windows, because you don't want to take the chance of something going wrong and having no way to get content back on your phone.

5. !GS51! macrumors regular

You can if you shift+click update NOT shift+click restore. Basically when you update everything will remain there from apps, contacts, music....

6. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

thanks

----------

thanks, do you mean i could permanently lose the music on my computer? or you mean I would be unable to get my music on my phone until Wednesday?

7. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Your music is fine on your computer, but you wouldn't be able to get it on your phone.

8. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

And that would only be a problem until Wednesday when the new Itunes is released right? Sorry for the questions, just trying to make sure!

9. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Haha no problem! And you're correct, once iTunes 11 is installed on your computer, you'll be able to sync and backup like normal. iTunes 11 could also be released on Monday or Tuesday in preparation for iOS 7, but no later than Wednesday for sure.