iOS 7 Green - Too Neon?

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone else think the green Apple is using in iOS 7 is too neon? Phone app, icons and the like. Just too bright.

load97

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2012
Washington
Features are great. But colors are something a 13 year old girl would have came up with. It's also not the 80's anymore....

NYSF37

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
The neon green "in-call" banner is too much for me. I can't read the white text that overlays it. I'm not sure if "overlays" is a real word/verb, but it seemed to fit.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Unfortunately the colours are designed to match the 5C.

The Fluorescent Green, Pinky Red of Music, Blue of App Store, Yellow of Notes etc.

Throughout the beta I hoped for an alternative theme more suitable to the 5S and available as an option for everyone else.

It hasn't happened as yet.

ezhilk

macrumors member
May 15, 2011
Michigan
They have to tone down the neon right across the board. The neon red on the badge app icons are too bright and they just scream in your face if all the apps on a screen (or even one app within each folder should suffice) have a badge icon, especially if you have a lighter background :(

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
neon is super-in-style...but styles change.

----------

They have to tone down the neon right across the board. The neon red on the badge app icons are too bright and they just scream in your face if all the apps on a screen (or even one app within each folder should suffice) have a badge icon, especially if you have a lighter background :(
but they will not change them, get used to it. Flipboard updated their icon from a dark red to pink-ish red...

bright, garish, neon is in style...get used to it.

LaynieGorilla

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2011
PA
I love it. I have the green dynamic for lock screen and the green stills for the home screen. Goes good with my dark green case lol