iOS 7 harder on the battery than iOS6 for older devices.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by HankHowdy, Jul 19, 2014.

1. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I have a 5s and a 4s. After doing a restore as new to 7.1.2 on both devices with the same setup the battery life is dramatically different. This led me to believe that there was something going on down at the code level. When using a app to monitor CPU processes and usage the 4s always has the higher CPU usage. I really think Apple leaves in small bugs on older devices. I have even turned of all kinds of thing on the 4s kinda dumbed it down and it still can't match the 5S.

Is anyone else surprised at how much their 4s struggles in this area compared to their 5s?

Thanks.

2. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

You are asking if anyone else with a 4S is struggling but you don't know that they are or not, You are merely thinking that because yours might. The 5S has different components in the device that make everything including the CPU work easier so that might be one reason and the other is how you use your 4S compared to the 5S and lastly you have had more charge cycles on your 4S so your battery is more than likely going down as well.

3. gumbyjunior1 macrumors regular

gumbyjunior1

Hank,

As far as processes go, have you compared from apples to apples on the listing of processes on both phones? Does the 5s have more than the 4s?
    Also what is the name of the process that is running high on the 4s?