iOS 7 - hint of custom Control Center shortcuts

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cleo1, Aug 8, 2013.

1. cleo1 macrumors regular

Open the Control Center all the way. Now continue pulling up until it stops. See how it still only partially covers the screen but now it has exactly enough room for another row of icons? Why is this? Why can you only pull it up to that specific point?

2. Sirious, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013

Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Thats not really a 'hint'.
    That area you can see is the result of the 'elastic' or 'rubber band' effect they use. It's like inertia.

But yes, it is possible that you might be able to scroll up for more shortcuts. I just hope its not a tentpole feature for iOS 8 :p

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

I don't know why it is not full screen anyway,,,it would look better IMO. Share sheets too would look better filling the screen.

4. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Yes, I think we will se more control options on the cc but I would't hold my breath for anything soon. Possibly on iOS 8.

5. mdmt619 macrumors member

I think the dedicated settings page for control center is a pretty strong sign that there's more to come in terms of customization and options. Otherwise, I'd think they would have tucked it away under general settings somewhere

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

IMHO that is simply for Apples rubber banding effect, not for the addition of another row of Control Center shortcuts.

No different then when you swipe down for search it reveals space for another row of app icons.

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Clearly this depends on the device you are using. On an iPhone 4s there is not room without covering the status bar.

8. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

It's just the 'bounce' UI affect that Apple uses. It's all over the place.

9. cleo1 thread starter macrumors regular

This is not quite the same as a standard rubber band effect—in all other instances (like Search) you can pull indefinitely, until you run out of screen. But when pulling the Control Center, it abruptly stops right where another row of icons would be.