IOS 7 - How To Manually Quit Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Master Fwiffo, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Master Fwiffo macrumors newbie

Success! I have a new OS!

But wait....

Way back when, I learned a big secrt to keeping my phone working fast was to manually quit Apps I wasn't using. But I can't figure out if I can do that under IOS 7. Is there a way?

2. TrenttonY macrumors 6502a

Double click button and slide up o the app window

3. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Bring up the multitasking screen by double clicking the home button and swipe up on the screen showing for the app you want to close.

4. Master Fwiffo thread starter macrumors newbie

5. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

After a while of using iOS 7 you may find that you don't really need to manually quit apps to make it "fast" anymore. iOS 7 is supposed to make the multitasking much more efficient. Unless maybe you're on an iPhone 4?

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

its almost like its June 10th again. its been 3 months since we first saw ios 7. and since then, there have been thousands of how-to's, writeups, videos and reviews. im surprised i see as many threads as i do asking basic function questions. sure, not everyone was able to use the betas, but surely everyone has at least seen some form of example of ios 7. none of these complaints or questions should be warranted. it not like its a surprise.

7. Jeniann macrumors newbie

Thank you for the response to this. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, and wanted to say thanks.

@dictoresno - not everyone has had the opportunity to actually USE iOS 7. Not everyone had the chance to read all of the "how to's" and writeups. Some of us, are even pretty technically savvy, but didn't do it before because we didn't have access to the beta's. I, for one, am thankful that I was able to come here, and see that the question had been asked AND answered, because I've been trying to figure it out for the past couple hours. I knew where I could find the answer, and lo and behold, I did.