iOS 7 -> iOS 6 downgrade - battery corrupted?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by pk7, Jul 6, 2013.

  1. pk7 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2011
    #1
    Hi all,

    A few weeks ago I put iOS 7 beta 1 on my iPhone for a few days to test it, then went back to iOS 6. Everything was painless.

    Now about a week ago, I put beta 2 on my phone and it was sluggish (yes I know it's a beta), so I reinstalled it and it worked nicely, apart from poor battery. I'm now back on iOS 6 and am going to wait for the iPhone 5S and iOS 7 GM. I restored to iOS 6 as new and set it up from an iCloud backup I had made recently, when everything was still working fine.

    However, the last couple of days since I rolled back, the battery life on my iPhone 4S has been absolutely revolting: I went from about 7.5 hours of usage to about 3.5. It seems that when the phone is simply locked and sitting around, the battery goes down literally by the minute. And this is all on iOS 6. This never happened to me the first couple of times I tried iOS 7, but it seems like the 3rd time was the "charm." I've tried a Reset All Settings, letting the battery run down, restoring multiple times, etc. but nothing seems to work. Apart from a fresh install as new, there are no other options left.

    Has anyone else heard of or experienced this? What exactly might be going on, a bug carryover from iOS 7 back to iOS 6?
     
  2. PNutts macrumors 601

    PNutts

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    Location:
    Pacific Northwest, US
    #2
    It's common. Hard reset the phone. If it continues, download a system utility app to find out what's running the CPU and consuming the battery. It sounds like you have a rouge app process.
     
  3. typeface macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2013
    #3
    Sounds kissable :D

    [​IMG]
     
  4. pk7 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2011
    #4
    I did this and restored it from an older backup. All works now. However, my keyboard shortcuts refuse to work. The first time, they all got deleted and I could not add any without them deleting themselves. The second time, they are there, but they do not work at all. Restoring again to see what'll happen, and I have no choice but to do a fresh restore if this keeps up.

    Looks like I've learned the hard way of what can happen by putting a beta on daily devices.

    Thanks!
     

Share This Page