iOS 7 iPad 3 Vs. iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sird28, Aug 29, 2013.

1. sird28 macrumors member

So I was updating a iPad Mini for testing iOS 7 and was amazed when I put beta 6 on there.

iPad Mini has full transparency on NC and CC. Seriously this thing is a small verison of an iPad 2.

Yet the iPad 2 and the iPad 3 have the horribly ugly black and white transparency on it. What gives...... I guess I could understand the iPad 2 but the iPad 3 is only a little over a year old. And the mini uses outdated hardware then the 3?!?!

Just thought that was totally nuts! What do you guys think?

2. macdim macrumors 6502

It will hopefully be re-enabled in the GM for those devices.

If not, then we have something to complain about.

3. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

I will be super pissed if this not happen in the GM, and oh, bring back the god damn translucent keyboard. The solid white keyboard really ugly.

And no, I am not getting iPad 5 and iPad mini. I will make upgrade next year.

4. Wbutchart macrumors regular

If the ipad 3 version remains as described ill be sticking to ios 6. I see no reason to make my year old device look dated and lose new features just to upgrade. Apples boast of such high upgrade levels when new software is released may be about to take a significant hit if they don't strongly up their game.

5. g35 macrumors 6502a

Apple has a pattern of enabling new features based on when the device was released, regardless of whether or not the left-out device is actually capable of using the feature. That's just the way they do things.

6. Nanasaki macrumors 6502

Nanasaki

So you are fine with the "way of APple doing things"? Left things out eventhough the device is 100% capable runing things? That's doesn't sound good to customers.

7. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I was toying with the idea of putting beta 6 on my mini but i am leaning towards waiting till GM release. Any other performance comments?

8. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

Dot whatever you want as long as you're happy with it. hihihi. No harm in trying ;)

9. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Well... The iPhone 4S is older than iPad 3 and still gets the effects.
    But seriously, it's not fair for iPad 2 users as well. Because iPad 2 and iPad mini are the same when it comes down to processing power, graphics, resolution etc. the only reason to deactivate it on iPad 3 would be that it has almost no advance in performance but four times the pixels. Still it's not fair for both of us, iPad 2 and 3 users.

10. Jalu macrumors member

My guess would be that these effects will not return to the iPad 2 if the iPad 3 doesn't get them. It would be very hard to explain why the older iPad 2 gets effects that the iPad 3 won't be able to handle.

11. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

I don't think so either, just wanted to explain why iPad 3 is in terms of graphics not better than iPad 2.

12. macdim macrumors 6502

I think it would be hard to explain why two devices that run the exact same resolution and have identical hardware performance (iPad 2 and iPad Mini) have different visuals.

13. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Exactly. And it bothers me much that they have different visuals as of beta 5/6. Still believe this is a bug, mistake, whatever. :eek:

14. DariusX macrumors regular

If the final version of iOS 7 on my iPad 3 is as laggy as beta 6 and still has no transparencies, my next tablet will certainly not be from apple.

15. vtstarck macrumors regular

Until the final version is out, that is all you need to know.