Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Playing with iOS 7 on iPad it almost feels like the pinch to close gesture should take you to multitasking instead of swipe up, which matched better when the multitask tray came up from the bottom.

But I am conflicted because pinch to go to home does make sense. Maybe it should be pinch the other way, like a pinch open to enter multitasking?

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

Ok well I just tried it and they DID make pinch open bring up multitasking- I don't think that was there in iOS 6 right!?!?! I guess apple IS listening... that was fast lol jk

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Playing with iOS 7 on iPad it almost feels like the pinch to close gesture should take you to multitasking instead of swipe up, which matched better when the multitask tray came up from the bottom.

But I am conflicted because pinch to go to home does make sense. Maybe it should be pinch the other way, like a pinch open to enter multitasking?

What do you guys think?

EDIT:

Ok well I just tried it and they DID make pinch open bring up multitasking- I don't think that was there in iOS 6 right!?!?! I guess apple IS listening... that was fast lol jk

There is no pinch to open multitasking.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

Just tried this on iOS 6 and pinch open brings up the multitasking bar in iOS 6 too. Well, I never knew! :D

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Interesting... that makes sense, you might be right about that.

And it's not a bug either because you are actually doing the swipe up gesture. I just tried it and it only worked when I swipe up with 3 or 4 fingers as part of a pinch out gesture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.