iOS 7 & iPad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by HarryAinslie, Jun 19, 2013.

1. HarryAinslie macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

Is there a reason why Apple haven't released ios 7 for iPad yet? Is it normal for them to do this?

Obviously i dont know, but i'd have thought they would have released it for both so developers can iron all creases out before launch!

P.S. I'm not a dev so try not to rip me to shreds if the answer is pretty obvious! :D

2. rmeadejr macrumors 6502a

rmeadejr

maybe its not ready yet

3. iPhonemaster5S macrumors 6502

iPhonemaster5S

Considering they have to format many things to make iOS 7 work with the screen size there is some wait to be expected. I also heard that there were a lot of delays of getting iOS 7 into the beta so I bet they didn't want to delay the show just because the beta for the iPad wasn't ready. At least it was available for the iPhone in time.

4. HarryAinslie thread starter macrumors regular

HarryAinslie

Did this happen with iOS 6?

Like i said, i ain't a developer so it doesn't concern / worry me at all. I was curious, that was all.

5. Northernist macrumors member

I've read about there being some issues with the development of the iOS 7 beta on the iPad, to the point where Apple is starting to pull engineers from other departments to help work on it and make up for lost time.

6. allistera macrumors regular

Nope but iOS 6 wasn't a design overhaul.

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

Just because they released the iPad and iPhone betas at the same time in the past, doesn't mean they have to the next time they do betas. iOS 7 is a pretty big redesign (the largest since the original iPhone) and therefore they probably needed extra time to optimize it for the larger screen. Keep in mind they only started working on iOS 7 seven months again and they still are not done.

8. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Probably one (or more) of the following reasons:
    1. It's not ready
    2. It's not finished
    3. They want to change the way iOS 7 feels and works on a larger dispaly
    4. They want it to look different from iOS 7 on iPhone
    5. They are running behind
    6. iOS 7 is not playing nice with the iPad, so they need to fix it?
    7. To keep us excited
    8. Previous versions of iOS were not as drastic
    9. They didn't want to delay the iPhone version just because the iPad version wasn't ready
    10. To release it along side iOS 7 beta 2
    11. They want feedback on the iPhone version so that they can apply changes in a larger scale to the iPad version

:D

9. Reddkryten macrumors 6502

Nope, I think it was iOS 4, shortly after the iPad was introduced. For a little while the iPhone could multitask but the iPad couldn't.