iOS 7 iPhone 5 skips random songs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by seirios, Nov 7, 2013.

1. seirios, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

seirios macrumors newbie

I usually charge my phone via DC and for the first time in about a month I opened it with iTunes. After adding some new songs and making a playlist, random songs wouldn't play, to include full albums/playlists I've had for over a year. It just skipped over them very quickly.
    The attached photo (http://imgur.com/Hp0wMtQ) is how my playlist appears when songs are skipped, the 'stop' icons are next to skipped songs.

The other attachment (http://imgur.com/oNrNBSz) is what the songs look like in iTunes. Every single one of the songs that are greyed out are playable from the harddrive so there isn't a problem with file location.

Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. macaddict06 macrumors regular

Samesies

I'm having the same problems - I'll play a song on the phone that does not have the red "Stop" symbol next to it, but then it will skip that song, along with a number of other songs that have the red square until it finally finds a song it wants to play.

Restart didn't help, either. Currently removing all my music and resyncing.

For the record - just like OP, the track play just fine in iTunes (listening to one of them right now).

3. macaddict06 macrumors regular

Fixed it

Solution: wipe your music and resync:

1. Connect iPhone
    2. Select iPhone in iTunes, click on music tab and uncheck "sync music"
    3. Sync phone (will warn that you will lose your music etc etc)
    4. When sync is done, go back and recheck the box, then sync again
    (this will take some time depending on how much music you have)

Worked for me. A pain in the ass, sure, but if you have something else to do while it's running then it's not so bad.

Good luck!