Ios 7 iphone 5 Verizon, voice mail problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Bugeyeblue, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

When I open my phone app, I click on voice mail, and it automatically calls voice mail and asks for my mailbox number. I don't have a mailbox number and I've used the standard apple visual voice mail with all my other ios versions. Any ideas what's going on here?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

try rebooting and see if that fixes it. if not, try calling verizon and make sure VVM is still provisioned properly on the account.

3. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Thanks. I'll give the reboot a try.

----------

Reboot didn't work. I'll call verizon tomorrow and report back.

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

did you use any of the betas or was this your first ios 7 try. if you did use them, was it working on them? or maybe call your own voicemail and go through the set up prompts again.

5. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Official release was my first ios 7 install. It ended up being a Verizon problem, they fixed it with a quick phone call.

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

perfect. glad you got that sorted out. i recall when VVM came out, there were always issues with the carrier side that led to it not working right and it was usually fixed that way.

btw is your username in any way referencing a subaru?

7. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Hell yes it is! Thanks for noticing. I had an 03 WRX with endless bolt-ons. I regret selling it every day. I have an '05 that I'm selling now, but that's a different story.

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I have an 02 in WRB with a VF34 swap and all supporting mods. Kudos!

9. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Bugeyes for life. Message me a picture if you get a chance.

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

no prob. lemme dig one up.

11. Mr. French macrumors newbie

OP - may I ask what you told the Verizon rep. when reporting the problem? I'm asking because I'm dealing with the same problem currently, and it is very frustrating - I spoke with at least 7 different reps already and none of them know what to do. Please help if you can, thank you.

12. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Ios 7 iphone 5 Verizon, voice mail problem

This thread is a year old...

Have you called Verizon and made sure Visual Voicemail is provisioned on your account?

13. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Two things to check. One is if your iOS is up to date. if not you might not have the most current verizon settings file. Then try a reset of your network settings. You'll have to redo your wifi and perhaps your bluetooth pairings but it might shake out something that is blocking your visual voicemail from being properly set up.

After that, go to Apple. because frankly the carriers don't know crap about the iPhone and iOS which is why they run around like headless chickens