Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
No need to be a smartass, I was just giving a suggestion.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be one. I've tried those tips already and I still have the same battery issues. I went to apple today and the said to restore, and if the problem persists, it might be a hardware issue.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Worse battery life is the biggest killer.

Being on 4G now too, have no idea what this is going to do to it.

I may be forced to pick up the Nexus 5 soon, for practicality reasons alone. Don't even like Android.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
Um... you can't tap "More," select "Albums," and then "Abbey Road"?

You do know that you can just select the Albums tab, right? Problem solved.

In the "Albums" tab, you get all albums by all artists. I have currently 538 albums in my library, scrolling though all of them is not fun.
The organization that was used on old iPods and iOS up to version 6 isn't just different, it's vastly superior. On iOS7, finding an album isn't only "different", it takes a lot longer, sometimes up to ten times as long as it did on iOS6. I feel treated like an idiot when I have to scroll through either "all albums of all artists" or "all songs by one artist" because Apple thinks that the structure used in the past is too complicated for me and I need a flatter hierarchy.
I understand that in the public eye, people who buy Apple products aren't considered the brightest crayons in the box and that Apple itself wants to market its products as "easy", but the new music app is too simplistic to organize a serious music collection.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Many of those were by people developing opinions based solely on screenshots and talk about the betas before it was publicly available, not people actually using iOS 7. Most that use it like it.

Maybe we should place a ban on people who prematurely hate on an OS before they have had a chance to try (use) it. But then, that would eliminate about 98% of MR members. :eek:

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Turn off background app refresh, unneeded location services, dynamic wallpapers and parallax (turn "reduce motion" on). Also keep Bluetooth and AirDrop off when not needed and keep your screen brightness as low as possible (usually have mine at about 15-20% indoors)... Result... About 12 hours constant usage on 5S.

Still almost two hours down on usage time (iphone 5) after two clean installs and with *everything* switched off. There is something draining my battery and until/unless it is fixed then iOS7 is a disaster.

DJLC

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2005
North Carolina
Or

He can type "Abbey Road" and be done with it.

In the "Albums" tab, you get all albums by all artists. I have currently 538 albums in my library, scrolling though all of them is not fun.
The organization that was used on old iPods and iOS up to version 6 isn't just different, it's vastly superior. On iOS7, finding an album isn't only "different", it takes a lot longer, sometimes up to ten times as long as it did on iOS6. I feel treated like an idiot when I have to scroll through either "all albums of all artists" or "all songs by one artist" because Apple thinks that the structure used in the past is too complicated for me and I need a flatter hierarchy.
I understand that in the public eye, people who buy Apple products aren't considered the brightest crayons in the box and that Apple itself wants to market its products as "easy", but the new music app is too simplistic to organize a serious music collection.

So type the name. Or have Siri type it for you.

But I'm done arguing. If you don't like it, that's a shame and I hope you can find a solution. For me, the days of having a collection are over. I just Spotify everything. Can't fit much of a collection on my 16gb 5s anyway.

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
This is what i mean, at least one person has to complain about 1 tiny bug, please go away.

What tiny bug? It's been an issue since beta 1 that the new animations take way too long to complete. They have been tweaked to run much smoother, but they still take way too long to complete making the whole experience slower.

colourfastt

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2009
This is what i mean, at least one person has to complain about 1 tiny bug, please go away.

Given this quote and the the OP post, one can only conclude the OP is a teenager and doesn't understand that for ADULT use in a business setting that iOS Fisher Price (iOS 7) is a distinct step backward. I will admit that it is more than adequate for tweeting, playing on Facebook, etc.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I love ios 7 enough said...

----------

And these are the same humans that said ios 6 was to old and stale and wanted a refresh lol...... Apple seems damed if they do and damed if they don't.
It's not necessarily the same group of people...and even out of that group of people, just because people wanted change, it doesn't mean that any change is good, there are still changes that can be better or worse (even though they are still changes).

Girlwithaphone

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2013
I do not hate it. I love a lot of new features and the look (even if i wish I could tone down the colors).
I have a big probleme with the whiteness and, the worst, the zoom-in zoom out animations that give me headache and motion sickness

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm surprised so many people are so upset other people have varying opinions then your own. Someone else doesn't like it....ok? Who cares? I don't like white cars....I'm right and entitled to my opinion get used too it. Whining about whiners doesn't make you look any better.

Secondly I don't see too many threads of people not liking everything...just certain things. They just don't mention the things they do like. For example. I don't like...

The calendar, notes, reminders, and message app layout and color. They aren't as organized as I prefer (grid in calendar for example).

Easter colors in general. I feel like I'm on an Easter themed Android phone.

The random lock screen bug I get.

The toy like animations. This is a tool too me I don't need to be blasted into and out of apps or the messages move around in the message app as I scroll.

Music app if you have a large collection. Typing the name is great but sometime I can't remember the name.

Etc

That stuff is just going to be stuff I'm going to have to get used too. Meanwhile there is plenty I like. App preview and swipe to close, control center etc

poplars

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2013
Anyone saying they love ios 7 completely probably isnt using an ipad 3.... I swear they were mostly designing this for their within the last 8 months hardware...

If you are an ipad 3 user who is satisfied with ios 7 id like to hear from you. Do you notice the choppiness with screen rotation on the home screen? Or going from most applications to the home screen is choppy as well. Plenty of other issues i dont feel like going into, like inconsistent blurs and lack of blurs...

I did a fresh install however i did restore some backed up apps and settings, so i dont know if that causes the choppiness or not, im thinking not but if im wrong please tell me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.