iOS 7 is being very Laggy and Slow

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by theappleman3000, Sep 18, 2013.

1. theappleman3000 macrumors newbie

So I just downloaded iOS 7 a couple hours ago and its very slow and laggy. The keyboard takes 8 seconds to type in sometimes doesn't even work. Everything i try to tap is very slow. Only happened when i downloaded. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. matttye macrumors 601

Hard reset / reset all settings / reboot / clean install.

- in that order until it's fixed.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Try restarting the phone, and if that doesn't do anything try resetting your settings.

4. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

old iphone or ipad?

5. AppleMrHan macrumors member

AppleMrHan

I have iPhone 4 and its running great, I think something is wrong with your phone.

6. theappleman3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its an iPhone 5, i don't know why its doing that

7. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Having gone through the whole Beta process, I find that the keyboard does erratically lag.

It's not so regular that it's a major issue any more (for me) but it's still happening more than it should on a public release build.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I notice reboots are lightning fast compared to OS6

9. Aylan macrumors regular

Aylan

iOS 7 should not be running slow or laggy. I would backup and do a restore. Also, iOS 7 is not as "snappy" as iOS 6. The animations are slower by design.

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

It sounds like your phone may be indexing. Give it a while. If it is indexing, you should see an improvement shortly.

11. oplix Suspended

oplix

It will lag until you restart it. Happened on my iphone 5. Nothing as exaggerated as what you claim but there was some animation lag until I restarted the phone.

12. theappleman3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

It is very bad especially on the keyboards typing in my passcode takes around 12 seconds. Safari: Probably like 15 seconds. I restored rebooted and reset all the settings. I don't know what to do anymore. Could it be my processor?

13. cogitodexter macrumors regular

cogitodexter

You may have the problem of having Springboard run multiple copies of itself. This can happen if you've restored from a previous iOS version's backup onto the newer iOS on your device and can cause battery drain issues as well.

What you'll need to do is backup any data to iCloud (and photos to iPhoto) and hard-reset the phone's firmware via iTunes - it's called a DFU reset. Having done that you'll get a pristine phone and you can re-download all your apps from the App store.

I'm running iOS 7 on both a 4S and a 5 and the response on both is excellent, so it's unlikely to be a general issue with the new version of iOS.

14. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

I don't know whether you've been running iOS 7 for a while, but I've been through all the Betas as I mentioned and this has been an issue for me throughout.

It's got steadily better as each version was released, but it's still there now albeit relatively infrequently.

15. cogitodexter macrumors regular

cogitodexter

Yup - had it since Beta 1 up to and including the GM.

Obviously there were bugs in the early betas, but as of now I've got no problems.

I will say that both my phones were recently DFU-reset (the '5 because iOS6's Springboard had crazily spawned multiple copies of itself and was eating the battery for breakfast, the 4S just because it's a dev phone so frequent resets are a must) so having recently 'pristine' phones may have helped, but my experience is that iOS7 is smooth as silk and not remotely laggy.

16. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Early betas for sure...the last two or three, I've not see what you are. Nor am I with the public release today on an iPad 4 or iPhone 5. They're flat flying, fluid and incredibly stable as far as my most used apps. It's awesome. I'm pretty amazed how far it's come in less than 6 months.

J

17. sandwicher macrumors member

iPhone 5 OTA update, iPad 3 iTunes restore update.

No lags!!

18. Sym0 macrumors 6502

Sym0

I felt it was lagging as well on 4s but I changed a few settings like decrease motion, bold text and increase contrast and after a reboot it feels and looks slick. Old apps are a bit of an eyesore now!

19. tarasis macrumors 6502a

tarasis

I only see the laggy typing problem when I am typing in a user name / password on a site in Safari.