ios 7 is bipolar

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Zellio, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

ios 7 suffers from two personalities.

The first one you meet on the home screen, and for most of the icons. The over saturated, my little pony-esque, gradients. These over saturated colors ARE NOT minimalist, and instead fly IN YOUR FACE. Compared to this the color scheme of ios 6 is minimalist, as it used much more muted tones and as such is much more minimalist on the eyes then this craziness.

Then you have the actual minimalist qualities, which is usually thin icons, thin fonts, and textureless boxes. This completely clashes with the non minimalist LSD drug trip that the icons are going for.

You can't really call the entire thing minimalist when the icons are screaming 'LOOK AT ME!'

2. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

3. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

It's absolutely horrendous not only in design aspects which interfere with the user experience but the regressive bugs plaguing native apps. It's only saving grace is finally including quick toggles.

4. Zellio thread starter macrumors 65816

Zellio

I wouldn't call it that. I like it, but again iOS 7 is way too bipolar for my tastes.

5. fisha macrumors regular

I think if they just toned down the saturation a little so that the icons weren't so garish, then it'd look a lot better.

It just seems so kids playground colouring to me. Toning it down would make it seem more cohesive.