iOS 7 is so ugly

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iluck, Jun 14, 2014.

1. iluck macrumors newbie

Any one agree IOS 7 is so ugly? I can't believe Apple would design something so ugly. And the latest leaked design of iPhone 6. I can't imagine how ugly that combination will look. I really like Apple because they made beautiful products, now I think Apple's best days are behind.

2. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

Don't worry, the iPhone 6 will sell just fine. My contract isn't up until October, and if Apple releases it in September, I have a feeling I won't be able to get my hands on one until Nov/Dec due to lack of stock :eek:

3. kaielement macrumors 65816

As to ios 7 that's a matter of opinion. As to the iPhone 6 the pics we have seen are mock up or "dummies" so case makers know the dimensions. I bet the final iPhone 6 would be much more polished and clean looking.

4. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I think iOS 7 is sexy, and plus the iPhone 6 will launch with iOS 8. The new features will make up for the design for some people...maybe

5. 5354 macrumors member

Have you actually used iOS7 yet?

Before using it, I thought it was ugly.

After upgrading, it is actually pretty decent. You will get used to the clean design.

6. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Steve Jobs' days are behind

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Oh dear, another whinge thread about iOS 7!

And there was me, thinking (or rather hoping!) we'd seen the last of these!

8. iluck thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I updated to ios 7 a few months ago. Before with ios 6.1.3 I love my iPhone. It was beautiful and really simple to use. Right now, I am thinking about buying a ios 6 iPhone or moving to galaxy s5.

9. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

There's stuff about iOS 7 I'd change, but I think it's a lot prettier than previous versions of iOS. It's cleaner, simpler.

10. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Please enough. iOS 6 is gone. It isn't coming back. One look at iOS 8 proves this.

11. ravipiero macrumors regular

I disliked it first but now whenever I looked into my friends iOS 6 iPhone it seems so outdated compare to iOS 7 in terms of design.

12. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I am really getting tired of these posts saying how ugly iOS 7 is. We seem to have a metric ****ton of posts saying "iOS 7 is ugly" "iPhone 6 looks like crap" "Can I downgrade?" "I don't like iOS 7", etc, etc. I am really starting think someone, Google, Microsoft, Samsung, is paying someone to come on here every week or so to leave a post saying how ugly iOS 7 or the iPhone is or how they're "leaving Apple to use (insert other mobile computing company here)". Most of the time these people are newbies too, which make it even more suspicious. I mean this guy has only been registered for one day, and his first post isn't a question asking for help, or answering another, its "iOS 7 is so ugly".

See, this is his, hers, or robots 2nd and only other post, which is a follow up to this thread. Notice at the very end they threaten to get an iOS 6 device (which is almost impossible nowadays) which is now filled with security vulnerabilities, has no FaceTime and other things. Why would you want to use it? Because iOS 7 is ugly? Yeah, well whenever you are on an site entering in your credentials they can be easily viewed by a third party. And then, if the poster can't get his way, he's threatening to change to this phone or another (in this case an S5).

You know what? If you feel that an S5 would better suit your needs, go get one! No one is holding you back from your own choice to go get an S5.

Now, I know there are some older members a lot higher in the ranking then me who hate iOS 7, but thats fine, I respect that. They have earned credit on these forums and respect from some, however a newbie who's first and so far only post that is about how ugly iOS 7 is, is no better then someone walking in off the street, going into a fine China shop for the first time, saying how ugly everything is then leaving.

13. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

Glad I'm not the only one that's noticed.

14. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

This thread again? Man, I sure do miss the down arrow.

15. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

16. iPad Air macrumors regular

No

17. CutterSlade, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014

CutterSlade macrumors regular

CutterSlade

I think people have already said everything there is to say (good or bad) about iOS 7 till now and a long time has passed since its first release so there's no point in getting into an argument over it.

I don't like the design of iOS 7 either, but I got used to it and as long as it works properly, I'm good.

With that said, the number of posts someone has doesn't mean anything. Everyone here had 0 posts at some point in the past, and everyone is free to post his/her first message to any thread.

18. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

OMG. Are you fu**ing serious?
    And I love iOS 7

19. honam1021 macrumors regular

I kinda like the design (besides the music app, which looks weird with most albums) but I won't upgrade until the make the animations smoother (7.1 has improved but not as snappy as iOS 6)

20. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

His next post will be when iOS 8 is out - saying 'isn't iOS 8 ugly '?..

21. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Are you serious? iOS has been shown for over a year now, and publicly released for almost 9 months. Is it necessary to make ANOTHER I hate iOS 7-iOS 7 is so ugly thread? Use the search feature. You will find PLENTY of threads that say the exact same thing. Things get updated, deal with it. If you are unhappy, go to another company. Apple will live without you. TRUST ME! Plus iOS 8 will be out in 3 months or so.

22. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Dug out my old 3GS running iOS6 the other day to fill up with music to have in the car when we drive to France in a few weeks....after nearly a year of running iOS7 there isnt a chance i could go back to how iOS6 looks now. Its just so dates and messy.

23. CB1234 macrumors 6502a

CB1234

I think the OP should have started a thread saying 'iOS 6 is so ugly', instead......

24. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

I agree with the OP, with all that white UI and gradients I am gonna lose my f. eyesight.

25. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

So invert your colors... problem solved!