iOS 7 ..is still beta.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Tander, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

I've seen countless threads of people bitching about iOS 7 and the bugs it has and some UI things they are not happy with.

Are we all forgetting this is still a beta version and I am sure Apple will "tweak" it as time goes on.

So people - just relax. :cool:

2. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Yeah, how dare people keep making these informative posts!!!

Relax, dude. People want to see what the current issues are. If no one reports anything, how can there be improvements??

3. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

If we don't bitch, how will they know what we don't like? :confused:

Got to let them know what needs fixing.

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

It's the same every year, for a first beta it's very usable.

If you want to live on the bleeding edge of tech then these beta bugs are part of life. I've no idea why people feel the need to point then out and moan ... report the bugs if you're a developer or just accept it until the beta phase moves through its cycle and gets more solid.

----------

The genuine developers will submit bug reports.

That's how Apple know, not via MacRumors forums.

5. Tander thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tander

This is what I am trying to get to.
    Us developers will find bugs and submit them to Apple. The non-developers who have iOS 7 on their device cannot expect it to be solid / poised until the final release this fall.

So if something isn't working as expected.. well, its beta. That's my point here.

6. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

people are not bitching about the bugs. some are bitching about the looks because they don't like it and they probably won't change much - since this is how its probably intended to look.

the rest is just informative posts on what works and what doesn't work. those who cant deal with the bugs have quietly restored to iOS 6. or did i miss anything?

7. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

How many people have betas that probably shouldn't? Real software developers will test and report bugs but probably not come to Mac Rumors to complain about it (or if they do, put it in the appropriate thread, not start a new one).

8. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Last year I made a very public bitch about Maps. I got the response Beta. However on release my bitching was joined by many others because the product was in no way ready for primetime, and most of the issues were back end rather than front end. The back end stuff is so much more important than the front end which can be tweaked very easily.

I stand by that bitching, because it still isn't properly right. However I'll give Apple kudos in that they have continued to work on it constantly in most of the areas I had an issue with, and in a year they have made remarkable progress. Another year should see it where it should be.

I have iOS 7, and unlike last year will not be making a public bitching about it. There's no need. It's remarkably solid with some small issues. I have fed my experience back to Apple and will continue to do so.

9. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

apple betas are usually pretty good. I'm sure they don't really mind that non-developers have the beta. If they did they would have fixed it a long time ago lol like making you register your iTunes with a dev account so it could verify the iOS 7 beta.

10. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

I'm no Dev so you people actually putting iOS 7 through its paces is awesome, and I'm very appreciative of the hard work and bitching!

I love 90% of what I've seen thus far. Really hope they make Maps better, though, that's a biggie.

11. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

iOS 7 is quite laggy in places (iPod touch 5th gen). I found changing to a static wallpaper reduces the problem, but it could be smoother. This is something they really have to work on, as the iPod was almost butter smooth on iOS 6. It's not unusable slow, but it could be a bit faster.

Also there are so many bugs, but this is a beta so I expect they will be fixed before GM.

Something that does bother me is a few of the icons, Game Center and Safari in particular. They just don't fit in well with the rest of the icons. Although I did find the Calender icon does work quite well with just a white background.

Also, the Clock icon shows the actual time. Weather doesn't show anything on it's icon. I'm happy with that.

12. ijohn.8.80 macrumors 65816

ijohn.8.80

Yeah, like I really hate it when you get on a bus that doesn't have windows you can open and somebody immediately around you farts. You know, one of those silent but deadlies. :mad: