iOS 7 : Letters on Keypad

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by lookatchu, Mar 11, 2014.

1. lookatchu macrumors regular

lookatchu

Overall, I don't have many complaints with iOS 7.1, but I was hoping that they would improve the phone app keypad with this latest update, particularly the size of the letters.

I have decent eyesight and I still have trouble reading the tiny letters. Every now and then we all need to dial letters instead of numbers - either when given the phone number as letters or when calling a business and responding to voice prompts.

How could Ive and Apple decision makers deem this acceptable? It must be a huge struggle for those with less than perfect vision.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can try the bold option in accessibility settings.

3. lookatchu thread starter macrumors regular

lookatchu

That's a good suggestion/fix for the phone keypad, however some (including myself), might not want system-wide bolding. Not sure why Apple chose to use such small fonts for the dialpad letters. Seems more like design decision over functionality - I suppose they based their decision on Ive liking the way it looks.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are lots of oddities when it comes to looks (over function) in iOS 7 unfortunately, but aside from perhaps changing some things with various options (like the accessibility settings) there's not much that can be done.