iOS 7 Lock Screen Question

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by snarestud940, Jul 29, 2013.

1. snarestud940 macrumors 6502

Hey Everyone

In iOS 7, do u still have to slide the text at the bottom of the screen to unlock it? Or does the whole screen now slide? I read something about this. Also, can u turn off notification center so it isn't able to open until after u unlock your phone?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You can slide anywhere if you have no notifications and, yes, you can disable it.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

You can use the whole screen to slide now.

You can disable notification center and the new control center from being accessible from the lock screen (and only accessible when the phone is unlocked).

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

It's a shame you can't swipe to the left to unlock the screen, too...

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Make it even easier to unlock accidentally than it already became in iOS 7? I don't know...I'd still like to take it back to being a little bit harder than it already is, since after all, making it easier makes it all much less of a "lock", which is what it should primarily be.

6. snarestud940 thread starter macrumors 6502

What if u have notifications?

----------

Will disabling notification center from showing in the lock screen also disable the ability to slide directly on your iMessage or mail to take u into the app?

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you have notifications then sliding where those notifications are will take you to them, otherwise, in other areas, it will simply unlock the screen.

The ability to have access to notification center from the lock screen is unrelated to lock screen notifications that can still show up there and be used just as before whether or not you have lock screen access to notification center enabled.