IOS 7 Locked Screen--Music

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jhilly123, Nov 3, 2013.

1. jhilly123 macrumors newbie

After updating to IOS 7, obviously I knew there would be changes. I recently saw there was another new update (after the initial update that I did after IOS 7 came out), so what's this now, Update #3 for me? That's fine.

However, I am still really frustrated by the fact that the new IOS makes it difficult and basically impossible to see what time it is if you're listening to music. Previously in IOS 6, if you listened to music and your screen was locked, if you clicked on it, the time would appear in big numbers. This is the most useful when I'm working out at the gym. I don't wear a watch at the gym, so I want to know the time while I'm on the treadmill.

Now in IOS 7, the font is SO tiny I need to stop what I'm doing to check the time. I understand the triple click makes the time appear large again, but it's very inconvenient when I'm working out or doing anything really.

In addition, I think there's a glitch. Sometimes when I put my headphones in, my music automatically starts playing. I may have accidentally hit the play button because even in my LOCKED SCREEN, you can still play my music, which if you can't do anything else without entering a passcode, why does it allow you to play music??

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You don't have to triple click..you can just click once.

3. jhilly123 thread starter macrumors newbie

You do. Other people told me how to get the big font back (by clicking 3 times). Otherwise I'd never get it back. Weird that you can do it in one, I guess you're holding the button down? Not convenient when running.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Not holding the button down. Only takes one click. On my phone, my fiancee's iPhone 4, and on several other phones.

5. vaultwit macrumors regular

I can confirm that one home button click shows the big clock where the music control options used to be on the lock screen. However, the cover art still remains.

Does anyone know how to dismiss the cover art from the lockscreen if you finish listening to music? Mine remains until I unlock the phone. In iOS 6, double clicking the home button did the trick.

6. vaultwit macrumors regular

Bump

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Nope. You can't.