Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I used iOS 7, and while I like some of the new stuff, I think it's a step-back for visual clarity (not trying to start a flame war).

With that being said, I hope the jailbreak community can create an iOS 6 theme for iOS 7. While I love the new iOS 7 feature set, I like the true and tried look of iOS 6. Some may say its dated, but I still prefer the fonts and contrast of iOS 6.

Here's hoping someone spends the time to transform iOS 7.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
If im reading your post right.

Their are themes for iOS6 to make your iphone look like iOS7

Their are tweaks that make your iphone act like its iOS7

The first one is called iOS 7 theme for the home screen, which replaces the stock app icons with iOS 7′s flat and colorful icons. The themes do not include any iOS 7 features such as the dynamic and panoramic wallpapers or the awesome 3D parallax feature, but you will be able to find out what all the fuss about with iOS 7 icons.

The second one is called iOS 7 Lockscreen theme. It gets rid of the slide to unlock button and gives the lock screen an iOS 7 makeover with the minimalist design. You still have to slide at the bottom to unlock your device.

How to Give iPhone or iPod touch an iOS7 look

Install iOS 7 theme (by AR7) and iOS 7 Lockscreen theme (by Winesh)
Launch WinterBoard
Tap on Select Themes
Tap on iOS7 and iOS7 Lockscreen 1.1 from the list to select them
Press the Home button to exit Winterboard
Winterboard should respring your device.

You can also download the iOS 7 wallpapers and set them as the wallpapers on your home and lock screen.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England

The first one is called iOS 7 theme for the home screen, which replaces the stock app icons with iOS 7′s flat and colorful icons. The themes do not include any iOS 7 features such as the dynamic and panoramic wallpapers or the awesome 3D parallax feature, but you will be able to find out what all the fuss about with iOS 7 icons.

The second one is called iOS 7 Lockscreen theme. It gets rid of the slide to unlock button and gives the lock screen an iOS 7 makeover with the minimalist design. You still have to slide at the bottom to unlock your device.

Launch WinterBoard
Tap on Select Themes

You can also download the iOS 7 wallpapers and set them as the wallpapers on your home and lock screen.

I don't think you are reading his post right. ;)

He wants iOS 7 to look like iOS 6. Of course, it would help to have an iOS 7 jailbreak first.

AnonMac50

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010

Launch WinterBoard
Tap on Select Themes

He wants the opposite I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.