iOS 7 Memory Leaks

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DavidBlack, Aug 1, 2013.

1. DavidBlack macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Is it just me or iOS 7 has memory leaks I checked my memory usage with this app and I have a lot of inactive memory. Will this be improved or is it because of the 512 MB of RAM that my iPod Touch 5g has?

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Any memory leaks will be addressed before the GM release. File a report is all you can do.

3. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I did I used the bug reporter. I just wanted to see if I was the only one experiencing this:)

4. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

It's not something I am concerned about so early in the beta series. Now if you see these same leaks in the next two or three builds then that could be a problem.

5. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

I am now running the GM version this I my memory stats with just safari open.

Attached Files:

6. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

This after a fresh reboot no apps running.

Attached Files:

7. tudy25 macrumors newbie

I was actually expecting iOS 7 to be a much more lightweight OS compared to previous versions because they got rid of a lot of textures, drop shadows and other skeumorphic elements; I mean it's mainly white now. But I was surprised when I found out that my iPad 2 has 160 MB of free RAM at max when in iOS 6 I could even get 280 MB. I still wanna believe that the very final version released on 18th will adress all these bugs and memory leaks.

8. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

The GM? that final version that is loaded in all the devices shipping from China to the hands of customers? That final version? Which many of us have already loaded on our devices.

iOS6 textures and effects were static.
    iOS7 effects, translucency and parallax are active.
    Bigger hardware/memory strain was obvious and expected.

9. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

More RAM, plain and simple. IP5 runs iOS 7 great because it has 1Gb to go with its A6. Finally, the 1Gb of RAM will get used.

The iPADs are suffering because of lack of optimization.

Apple should have included a "governor" for the older devices...(Kill translucency, parallax, effects, ect)

10. DavidBlack thread starter macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Same here mate.

11. staninprague macrumors newbie

Same thing here, my app consumes 1.55MB in iOS6, 8.21MB iOS7, fresh start

Whoever is saying iOS7 will consume more is right. My innocent app, taking just 1.55MB on iOS6, takes 8.21MB on iOS7 upon fresh start. I put profiler screenshots and more information here: http://plainoldstan.blogspot.cz/2013/09/ios-7-vs-ios-6-memory-consumption-omg.html. As someone said here, it would be cool if Apple allow for the lighter memory overhead on older devices ...