iOS 7 - Multitasking

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cod3rror, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Why can't I tap anywhere outside of the to go back to the Springboard? Apple should add that in the next update.

[​IMG]

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, at least you can tap on the very first home screen "card" and that would essentially do it.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I wish they would add an action that if you swipe up the first card (which represents the springboard) it would "close all" cards.

4. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Omg that would be amazballs. But I can see that would cause some accidental swipes/people that don't about it losing all their opened apps.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I have done this several times out of instinct and am mildly annoyed ever time it doesn't work. Some of that might be 20+ years of Mac training...touching the "desktop" outside of a window should activate the "desktop" in my mind...which isn't totally right in iPhone-speak, but it's still where my mind goes.

I agree with the OP. I bet this will be added eventually since that space isn't being used for anything else.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Me too ... I hope they are going to change it.

7. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I do it too. I would like the feature as well. I miss being in the tray and just hitting the home button to go back to the springboard as well. Instead I have to now hit it twice (once to return to the last used app, another to the springboard) or scroll back to the beginning of the list. Seems like more work.

8. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

one of the best ideas ever!

9. rovex macrumors 65816

Another thing:

When you scroll through the cards, you have to wait until everything comes to a standstill before you can enter an app. I find it easier to press the home button to the home screen and go from there.

There should also be more app windows in multitasking, dividing them up in 4 or 5 smaller squares.

10. zipster macrumors 6502

YES. Especially since this happens when you open folders.

I find 'multitasking' in iOS 7 rather tedious, anyway. I really don't care to see the full app when I'm switching apps.

The swipe up in iPad doesn't even make sense anymore with this multitask interface.

11. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

iOS 7 is just a big fail. And it's also soooo slowwww compared to iOS6. I feel like my phone is 3 years old, waiting entire seconds for the unlock animation, or for the cards to stop moving so I can close the app, or for the screen to "rescale" when switching between apps.

12. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I wonder why we don't have the option to close all the acrive apps yet. It's a very easy concept, and would take nothing to implement. Closing every app one by one is not that convenient.

13. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Reduce motion helps a lot

14. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

Because as far as iOS design goes that kind of functionality is not needed.

16. ThisIsNotMe macrumors 68000

....unless you are OCD.

17. Slumpey, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

Slumpey macrumors regular

Not really. For those with a jailbroken IPhone (< IOS 7.0), this is already an option with equivalent multitasking apps: Multiflow and CardSwitcher. I love it when I see Apple half-ass a feature. I do give credit though to Apple for at least recognizing great apps available within the jailbroken community and integrating parts of them into public IOS builds.

18. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

SO many, many ideas that are from cydia should be implanted into iOS 7, Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE jailbreaking. I agree with you on everything you just said haha, I just thought that was a very good feature Apple should have implemented.

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or, you know, that good old webOS.

20. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You didn't try wp8, don't you ? You have to hit furiously on the back button until every app is close :rolleyes:

I don't remember if vanilla Android has a "close all" option .... I use a third party app for that.

21. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Who cares about WP8? What does WP8's behaviour have to do with iOS? I would like to see a close all feature in iOS, not on WP8. :confused:

Yes, there is a close all option on Android. You can use a third party app, it doesn't matter as long as can get the feature.

22. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

I'm more annoyed when clicking the home button in multi-task view and it taking me back to where I was.

23. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

No there is not ... According to the KitKat review I'm reading right now, there is no "close all" feature in Android too ...

So, no one in WP8, no one in Android and no one in iOS 7.

24. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

YES. This is another big problem.

Is there any other place where the home button doesn't take you home? I can't think of any. It really needs to be a 100% kind of thing. Stealing that button for another use is a terrible idea.

And it's even dumber because it's so pointless. I can SEE the app I was just in right there. If I really had activated multitask switching by mistake I can just touch the app on screen, right there in front of me.

25. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I have used the remove all feature myself on three Android phones.
    Let me remind you also that a review doesn't necessarily have to cover such a feature, which is a given, having been implemented for a number of iterations.
    :rolleyes:

You should inform yourself before making any kind of claim.

So what?
    Are you stating that since Android (false information, too) and WP8 don't implement such a feature, iOS should be no different and avoid it?

Brilliant logic. Thanks for sharing.