Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alleggerita

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2011
Singapore
Anybody using iTunes Match on iOS 7 GM having the same problem as me? My playlist jitters A LOT whenever I'm scrolling; even when I've stopped scrolling it's still jittering non-stop. Been having this bug since Beta 1. Especially when iTunes Match is drawing data from the web with my mobile network. If I deselect "Show All Music" in Settings then the scrolling is perfectly fine because iTunes Match doesn't need to draw data from the web anymore.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Just let us view artists like we used to and I'd be happy. It's a complete mess now, unless you're Apple's idea of a perfect citizen, with complete albums, etc.

ninjaplz

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2013
Apple friggin remove the podcast tab in the music app!! Now i don't know where to find my custom podcasts

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
Just let us view artists like we used to and I'd be happy. It's a complete mess now, unless you're Apple's idea of a perfect citizen, with complete albums, etc.

At the risk of nit picking, I don't think Apple's idea of a perfect citizen is those who buy full albums at all.

I actually don't mind the music app but I completely agree losing the ability to delete entire albums is brutal. It doesn't impact me since I typically clean house on iTunes on my MacBook but if I found myself needing to do so on my phone I'd be annoyed.

I'm most concerned of the constant crashing when I regularly rate songs. If these two things don't get fixed shortly after public release I'll consider it a failure on Apple's part.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
At the risk of nit picking, I don't think Apple's idea of a perfect citizen is those who buy full albums at all.

The reason I say this is that if you have, let's say, 4 different songs from 1 artist... they are split up by album, in alphabetical order of album. You used to be able to "view all songs". Now you can't. It also takes up a huge amount of screen space (especially on the 4S), which means you have to scroll a bunch just to find the song you want, and don't even know where it will be.

I have many songs that I don't even know or care what album it's from.

Scrolling at the rate of 3.5 artists per page VS 8 also hinders things. I don't care about the artist's image, especially since they look very similar (unlike album art which can be anything).

MetalMatt24

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
The volume level in itunes radio is horrible
When plugged into my trucks stereo system....compared to the regular player or iheartradio

cristovao

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2010
Calgary
The reason I say this is that if you have, let's say, 4 different songs from 1 artist... they are split up by album, in alphabetical order of album. You used to be able to "view all songs". Now you can't. It also takes up a huge amount of screen space (especially on the 4S), which means you have to scroll a bunch just to find the song you want, and don't even know where it will be.

I have many songs that I don't even know or care what album it's from.

Scrolling at the rate of 3.5 artists per page VS 8 also hinders things. I don't care about the artist's image, especially since they look very similar (unlike album art which can be anything).

Not arguing the complete lack if usefulness removing that feature (grouping all songs by artist rather than forcing by album) is. For me it has little effect since I typically load full (or close to it) albums but I can see how annoying that would be. Didn't mean to sound like I was diminishing your complaint. I think it's absolutely valid.

sennekuyl

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Play to Apple TV

Haven't had most of the bugs other have and most of the details are lost on me as to the importance. The the one thing I can't seem to do is play from my iphone to Apple TV. Previously I'd press the play on Apple TV and it would work. Where is it now?

Don't know why it took so long to come to me, but airplay. Where is airplay now?

Last edited:

sennekuyl

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Haven't had most of the bugs other have and most of the details are lost on me as to the importance. The the one thing I can't seem to do is play from my iphone to Apple TV. Previously I'd press the play on Apple TV and it would work. Where is it now?

Don't know why it took so long to come to me, but airplay. Where is airplay now?
Found it!

Start playing in the music app and swipe up. You have the option there to airplay with either mirroring or without. It is actually better than before because I can do it in any app! Love it.

Derrick4Real

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2013
The music app is probably the app I use most, but for now seems really incomplete.

I also noticed a problem with some artists cover images, that randomly doesn't appears in Artists view (even if the mp3s are perfectly tagged and tested in old IOS version). It works all well in albums view.
Here some screenshots

edit: grammar

try this. I had ios 7, disliked it due to the music player and rolled back to ios 6 but when added music back i had what may be the same issue even in ios 6. ALL my artwork is embedded in each individual mp3 so i knew it was there and perfect. So try this and maybe it will help.

Go to the settings app, music, turn on "Group By Album Artist"

Then all my album art showed up. I have no idea why. There's nothing in "album artist" tag on any of my files on purpose. I don't know if it will work but it might. If so that means it's a bug and worse a very old bug. Cause it i found my solution in forum post that was years old.

jazzbo

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2008
Bangor, ME
How do you rearrange the icons?

I go to More and click "Edit" where it says "Drag the icons to organize tabs". I drag the "Albums" icon and no matter where I put it I can get it before Songs and thus appear as one of the main four choices when I enter the Music app.

Is there some trick I'm missing here.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Any iTunes Match subscribers still having problems with artwork not downloading ?

Just installed ios7 again and no artwork at all for match :(

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Supposedly iTunes Match subscribers are suppose to have ad-free iRadio. Not true. I got a Macy's ad today.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Anyone know an alternative music app that keeps the artist albums collapsed in grid view like in ios 6 rather than expanded in chronological order like in iOS7? Its a pain to get to a song or album your want if the artist has a lot of albums. Its just endless scrolling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.