iOS 7 on 5S going crazy!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MHaynes772, Oct 11, 2013.

1. MHaynes772 macrumors member

Okay, anyone else experiencing this? Over the last few days, my phones has been going crazy. I swiped to enter my passcode and the screen flickered and opened itself. Didn't even have to put my password or fingerprint. iTunes crashes constantly now and won't even open. Voice memos crashes after 5 seconds of recording. Notification will no longer show and sometimes cause the phone to reboot. Any apps I download now won't open. WTF? So, I know Apple will just tell me to do a fresh install of iOS 7, but I'll loose all my voice memos. I can't figure out how to get them from my phone to iTunes. Every time I sync, it erases them all.

Any suggestions?

2. Shan S. macrumors member

iOS 7 on 5S going crazy!

Hi. You did not say you tried it. So gonna ask.

Have you done the reboot? Not the turn off and restart, but the actual reboot sequence on the phone.

You know these steps:

1. Hold the center button and the top power button down at the same time

2. The shut down message will appear. KEEP HOLDING THE buttons down. very important!!!

3. The Apple symbol appears on screen

4. Now let go of the buttons.

This is the actual reboot of the device. Similar to a restart on the computer. It should clear temp files, cache etc. The auto reboot that the phone does may be just a respring; which is a quick reboot. Which means all the cache stuff may not get cleared

Don't worry all your data, apps,photos. Etc. will still be there

Try that and let us know what happens

3. MHaynes772 thread starter macrumors member

4. hieubui.rtz macrumors member

Does the touch screen still respond correctly?

5. MHaynes772 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah. Screen responds normal, with the exception of iOS 7's stupid animations that make you wait til they're done before you can click anything to get it to respond.

6. hrrslmpk macrumors member

I've noticed something too. Over the past couple of days the touchscreen on my 5S has been kinda finicky. It's as if the touches aren't registering completely and causing a freeze-like effect. Sometimes the entire phone does freeze up and I have to wait until either it unfreezes or I perform a hard reset. Also, when it does decide to unfreeze it'll then perform all the touch inputs that didn't seem to register when I first made them.

7. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I'm having similar issues on my 5S. I've never had so many crashes/reboots.

Also, I can't message pictures via the Photos.app. After I select the photo and send it to a contact, I will check the Messages.app list to see if it sent, but it doesn't show up and my recipients say they never received anything. And my cut/copy buttons don't work. It always goes back to a clipboard item I copied weeks ago, all of which is quite annoying.

8. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I wouldn't say my phone is going crazy yet but some weird things are starting to happen.....

---Voice Memos crashes right around 30 seconds almost every time
    ---Messages don't come through when on a call. Must "kill" the app and re-open
    ---Sometimes SMS notifications on the lock screen appear as they do when the phone is unlocked, then dismiss themselves by fading up and leave no notification on the lock screen
    ---When charging the lock screen displays "??" as the battery percentage