iOS 7 on iPad 2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AHDuke99, Sep 18, 2013.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Anyone install it on theirs yet? I am sort of on the fence. The betas ran pretty crappy on it, but I wanted to hear from someone before I take the plunge and install it. If it's running pretty poorly, I'll stick with iOS 6.

2. Kurso macrumors 6502

I just installed it on my wife's iPad 2. No complaints so far. In fact I'm watching her scroll through her music collection right now and it looks very fluid.

She is not a heavy iPad user so I don't know how much she would notice anyway.

3. Jake0604 macrumors regular

I installed it on my families iPad 2 and it seems pretty smooth.

4. adamtarrence macrumors newbie

Up until today my experience with the GM fresh install was not too bad. Then today I was trying to get some actual work done and I was switching between several tabs in safari and switching over to pages a lot. That's the first time it really felt like I had an outdated product. I don't know if pages will get an update that will further optimize it or if I just had too many tabs open. And maybe my poor internet connection where I was at the time just made it feel slower than it actually was. But I couldn't help but feel like I might need to get back to iOS 6 and stay there on my iPad 2. I just can't decide what to do at this point.

5. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    There's a few responses in the iPad forum from users who are loving it. Couple claim their iPad 2 has a quicker and more fluid response.

I'm holding off till probably this weekend, when hopefully the servers will cool off.