iPad iOS 7 on iPad 3: Restart did wonders

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tiger8, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

Guys,

I updated my iPad 3 with iOS 7 Monday overnight, yesterday I was **very** disappointed with how sluggish it was, even the keyboard was slow. I researched online and didn't find much, so wanted to share with you that a restart made it perform much better (I think iOS should restart your machine automatically after it installs). I can't say it's perfect (I heard certain aspects of it still have not need optimized, as the focus has been on the iPhone), but it is much better now.

The one area it remains slow around is -surprisingly- wallpaper selection. Also the five finger pinch to return to homepage does not work well on older apps (works fine on stock and updated iOS 7 apps)

Hope this helps

2. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Doing a fresh restore on my 4S increased the smoothness by a lot.

Also, wallpaper selection is laggy for me too. I'm gonna see how iOS 7 is on my mom's iPad 2 this weekend.

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I also noticed that wallpaper selection was mega laggy. There were a few minor things here and there that also seemed laggy. I know that some of it is the OS but probably a lot has to do with the hardware too.

I ended up selling my 3rd gen iPad and will be buying the next one. Figured its time to unify around Lightning cables anyway!

4. LagLiquidators macrumors member

LagLiquidators

I'll have to give this a try. thanks.

5. bobright macrumors 601

Supposedly 7.0.2 update has made it smoother as well

6. ramram55 macrumors 6502

Will wait till all the kinks have worked out, maybe 70% before I download ios 7.
    Patience, patience ....:)

7. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

For me I decided to update my iPad to iOS 7, but kept my phone on 6; this way I can experience the new OS without worrying too much because towards the end of the day, if my iPad misbehaves, it's ok. If my phone misbehaves, that could be bad news even lost income for me. I am self-employed and rely heavily on my phone. I will probably upgrade it around Nov. or so