iPad iOS 7 on iPad 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SteveZ9, Dec 29, 2013.

1. SteveZ9 macrumors newbie

Newb question - I have an 4th gen iPad (wifi only) that's currently running IOS 6. Are there any downsides to upgrading it to IOS 7? I've seen some complaints on these forums about decreased battery life..?

Thanks - Steve

2. rajpatel macrumors regular

I upgraded my ipad 4 to iOS 7 about two wks after it came out. I didn't have Internet then. The wait at the bookstore was long when it first came out. I waited two wks and the wait was down to 20 min. Wen it came out, it was 2 hrs no joke.

Anyway, my 4 was really fast and great on ios7. It was perfect. I sold it ydy as I got an Air last week. I still feel weird selling something that was in perfect condition and flawless. That never happened before. I always run my computers right into the ground. Definitely my Macintosh from 1984 which I sold to a pawn shop for a hundred bucks in 1994. Possibly a mistake in retrospect. It was in great shape.

Then I had a powerbook 520 c which I played tons of marathon on. The bungie game. I bought it for $2500 in aug of 1995 but eleven months later the manager of Office Depot let me return it for the then price of $1400. Which I appreciated.

Anyway, I always used all my computers for a long time but apple innovates so much it is hard to resist major advances like lighter weight and thinness, ease of use, looks. I have noticed one thing though, that was better on 4. On my air, I can feel the music and it's vibration and I don't think I like that. It feels flimsy. On my 4 it felt very solid and like the music was completely electronic

3. TITNTUFF macrumors regular

TITNTUFF

IOS 7 on iPad 4

I updated my iPad 4 to IOS 7 the first day it was available. Battery is as good as IOS 6, I haven't noticed a difference in the usage and standby.
    IOS 7 seems faster than IOS 6. I upgraded over the air (wifi) and took maybe 30 minutes start to finish.
    However, each device is different. Chances are you won't have a problem. Post back and let us know your results.
    :)

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

2 hours is a good deal to me. I have an iPhone 4 and home wifi 2.5 megabyte download (best I can get at my house) and it took 4 hours I downloaded it 2 hours after it came out cuz I couldn't wait I looked at iOS 7 on apples web site and YouTube for at LEAST 45 minutes a day starting June 10th. I just like the way it looks and I wasn't waiting for anything. 4 hours!

5. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

I have a 3rd gen running the 7.1b2 and it's amazing. I'd wager on a 4 it's even better.

6. VicVendrell macrumors newbie

Don't upgrade until at least 7.1 is released. As it stands, iOS 7 is buggy even on the latest hardware. Previous generation iPads would be even worse.

7. chrisiw macrumors regular

And me, it's a great system:D