iOS 7 on iPad: Notes App

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by whocaresit, Jun 26, 2013.

1. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

The leather is gone. It is all white. To me it looks like a poorly done 99c app in the App Store. :eek:

Everyone who complained about the Notes app in iOS 3.2 - iOS 6.. Are you happy with this new look?

[​IMG]

2. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

The old Notes app killed my eyes. Hated the yellow background and lined-paper look. However, your complaints, which echo mine with iOS 7, extend beyond a single app. There's too much white.

The entire OS is bright white and it can be too much at times. Even worse, using it at night will just suck. Apple needs to introduce a darker theme or, better yet, a system-wide automatic night mode. That would be great.

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

The only problem I have with it is that yellow icons and menus on white, don't look good. Apple should change that.
    Even Mavericks has a similar interface, but there the white is a nice texture and the yellow is more intense, so there is some kind of contrast there and it looks much better than on iOS. But remember: It is still a beta and things can change.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

5. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I'd have to agree. I got into Notes for the first time on the iPhone yesterday and was supprised by the emptiness of it. Just all white with black text. No lines, nothing. Just a bit too flat for my tastes.

6. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

If your going into the app to enjoy the UI, you're going to be disappointed. But when you actually need to use the app for what it was made for, it's terrific.

7. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

personally I love it.

simplicity is beauty and vice versa.

the only thing that hurts my eyes is the faux texture on the paper.

8. cualexander macrumors 6502a

I loved the yellow notepad. I'm just going to replace the default notes app now with something that will allow me to get the old look and feel back.

9. YourHerojb macrumors regular

Agreed with that, is it out of line to say I kinda liked skeuomorphism?

Flat design has to be done really well for it to be widely appealing. It'd have to be more system-wide the way windows phones home screen mimics the stock apps rather than using the same layout and just making the icons and apps flatter.

10. furam90 macrumors regular

Nope, I was one of those people who mocked skeumorphism, but was expecting some sort of visual improvement. Instead we got white... all over. Takes away from the overall personality of the OS and the feel of the apps.

I have a feeling the average every day users are going to start missing skeumorphism once they get their hands on iOS7. Everyone was talking about the icons, but its the white that's going to ultimately be the weight around Apple's ankle.

11. artim1 macrumors newbie

I really miss the yellow pad Notes as well as the choice of fonts. Are there alternatives out there to replace this dismal white notepad...one that can still be forwarded as mail ?

12. WillFisher macrumors 6502

WillFisher

I think this is the one app that I'm still not happy about with a new look.

It looks fine on the iPhone, not great, just fine.

But on the iPad it looks, quite frankly, awful. Too much white, yellow font and nothing else. My least favourite iOS 7 app redesign.

13. SusanK macrumors 68000

I didn't upgrade because I don't want white and bubblegum pink. Happily on iOS 6. I hope Apple gets it act together before I need a new device. I really want to stay with Apple but not pink and white.