iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 feels kinda sluggish

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by had0ukenn, Sep 19, 2013.

1. had0ukenn macrumors member

Ever since I've updated to iOS 7 the apps and the phone itself seems slow and sluggish.

Here's what it's like after a few apps running : http://i.imgur.com/Ct5oNUC.png

and heres what its like after doing a hard reset: http://i.imgur.com/H22NTgU.png

Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well? On iOS 6.xx i would have a bunch of apps open and they would work flawlessly but on iOS 7 if i have 6-8 apps open on my iphone 5 the ram memory goes down to 20 mb/s. Maybe its the animation of iOS 7 that makes it seem slow but according to the ram thats not the case.

If anyone else can chime in on this issue, i would appreciate it.

2. oplix Suspended

oplix

Yes it's absolutely there. Just because 99% of the people who are in love with their lock screen and home screen don't see it, doesn't mean you aren't correct. I'm sure before long there will be drones in here telling you ios 7 is running faster on their exact same configuration however you are correct. It's because only about 20% of the entire ios7 was optimized before it was rushed out. The other 80% was swept under the proverbial carpet and I'm sure it will eventually be sorted out in a later update.

Prime examples are message app rotating to landscape with keyboard running. This is without "increase contrast" enabled which basically removes transparency.

Another example is maps app. If you actually use it for a good while and test different functions out you will see there is plenty of lag that was never there before.

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

4. had0ukenn thread starter macrumors member

Is there some sort of source that i can look at for this? I sure hope there is a update patch that fixes this issue, soon.

I seriously felt like i was the only one who was experiencing this issue because i've see posts about people with iPhone 4 running iOS 7 and how its just fine.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Feels awesome on mine. Maybe you are holding it wrong?

6. mackandproud macrumors 6502

Movies are slow to load. Some load relatively quickly others take 20 seconds.

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

You are just making stuff up

8. oplix Suspended

oplix

It's ok man ..let it go. You can still downgrade by the way.

9. glacies macrumors newbie

Reset all settings and try again? That usually helps.

10. had0ukenn thread starter macrumors member

Yea, i was holding it upside down. Darn.

I'll try restoring from my backup, hopefully it will run better afterwards.

11. tudy25 macrumors newbie

That's definitely true. On my iPad 2, I could have a lot of apps suspended in the background without closing down but now if I have for example FB open and a few other apps, FB will likely exit out of the suspended state and refresh itself. 170-180 MB of free RAM after reboot (in iOS 6.x - 270 MB). iOS 7 needs to be optimized asap.

12. TerrorCandii macrumors newbie

My experience is on my iPhone 5, the update is flawless...yet when I updated my Two Aunt's iPhone 4, they seem to lag a smidge.

13. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

There's a bit of lag on my iPhone 5 but not much. Usually just when I rotate from landscape to portrait. Other then that apps are fast and battery life is the same.

14. munakib macrumors 6502

He cant! Signing window is closing and by the time he accepts it, it will be too late.

iOS7, best. best. Best.

15. had0ukenn thread starter macrumors member

Just wanted to follow up just in case someone else had a problem similar to mine. Phone seems to be working better now, took a couple of days but its better now, not sure why exactly.

The inactive data in the images I've uploaded seems to be way less now when running multiple apps.

16. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

It is true that screen rotation (when keyboard is on) is not 100% smooth.

But, other than that (and one Safari crash) things are running perfectly smooth and fast (just as fast as iOS 6) on my iPhone 5.

17. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

As of now I don't think you can downgrade. Correct? I went to a site and apparently it showed builds that you can downgrade to. You can't even downgrade a iPhone 5 to a 6.1.3 anymore.