iOS 7 on the 4S

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 10, 2010
Can we get some reports of what's missing and how it runs?

Thanks!

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
I just installed it and the first thing I tested was the folders. I have swipable(?) pages inside folders. LOVE IT!

Exchange, Gmail and all my contacts are working well.

Post something you wanted tested and I'll try it.

EDIT:
So I'm an idiot. Tapatalk is working fine now. User error, that is all.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2011
USA
The only thing i see that is missing is the share function for twitter/Facebook in photos and Notification center. Thats about it.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
Can we get some reports of what's missing and how it runs?

Thanks!
I posted a list of apps that don't work for me on a 4S but, OS performance wise, I'm pretty happy with it (for a 1st beta).

It's a little glitchy sometimes, but very usable nonetheless.

Better than I anticipated.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
There's some frame drops and stutters going into Safari and scrolling through Contacts in the Phone app isn't as smooth as elsewhere ... but it's beta 1, it WILL improve.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Seems like the battery life is a little shorter. Of course, that could be the increase in playing with it. ;)

I haven't tested any games with it. I know CraigsList Pro is hanging then closes. I'll test more today.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
Was wondering why people were saying this and about to post this when I noticed you already got it up. Share functions seem to still be there.
Yeah, a little bit different to get there but, it's there. It allows one to select pic or pics, then the share options come up.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
I have noticed in opening and switching apps that the top bar "duplicates" it's self (time/wifi/strength indicator) then it clears up after a second.

I'll see if I can gran a screenshot of it.

bpc101

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
All running fine on my 4s, although battery seems to take a beating. Hoping this is a Beta 1 issue (data gathering) or maybe just a 2 year old device with a shortened battery life.

Missing Air Drop but knew that was a 5 only thing.

eBay app crashes when opening, not been through too many apps yet though.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I have noticed in opening and switching apps that the top bar "duplicates" it's self (time/wifi/strength indicator) then it clears up after a second.

I'll see if I can gran a screenshot of it.
If its any help, thats not an iPhone 4s issue as my iPhone 5 was doing that this morning. The same applies to the glitches with menus and sometimes in Safari.

This is going to cause hell for developers. Even something as simple as a popup message in Chrome had styling errors.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm not so sure about this. iPhone 3G struggled a lot on iOS4 beta and don't forget Apple Map beta. Apple never "fix" such issues as we expect.
It's not system wide, it's app specific. Stop being paranoid.

It's a less texture heavy OS on a dual core phone with 512mb of RAM.

The 4S is not a single core 600Mhz with 128mb of RAM like the 3G. iOS 7 will run smooth throughout when it goes final.

Brdl04

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2011
the D
There is some lag here or there. The Safari app is kind of jittery. I don't know if this is performance of the 4S or beta software. My guess its a little bit of both.

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
If its any help, thats not an iPhone 4s issue as my iPhone 5 was doing that this morning. The same applies to the glitches with menus and sometimes in Safari.

This is going to cause hell for developers. Even something as simple as a popup message in Chrome had styling errors.
Ahh, very good. (I mean, well,you know.) Other than that and a few apps, it's running nicely. (Ebay isn't loading.)

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Ahh, very good. (I mean, well,you know.) Other than that and a few apps, it's running nicely. (Ebay isn't loading.)
Yeah had a few problems with a few apps on iPhone 5. I'm a little pissed off with Apple. We submitted a new app a few weeks ago and it was rejected for "not using native UI colors and elements". We'd used Helvetica Neue Ultra Light, along with a pretty 'flat' design. So we changed it all back, resubmitted and it was accepted.

Low and behold I open the app on iOS 7 - its got the really ugly old blue-grey top bar and black tabbar, with no styling at all. Looks bloody awful.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
It runs ok on my 4S. Some UI elements are sluggish but for a first beta it's pretty good. The lock screen album art issue and the battery drain are the two biggest bugs for me.