Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shotta287

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
Hi guys, am i the only one experiencing slight lag and a decreased battery life on the 4s?

I've got auto refresh, parallax, and a lot of options off so i don't get it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Hi guys, am i the only one experiencing slight lag and a decreased battery life on the 4s?

I've got auto refresh, parallax, and a lot of options off so i don't get it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It's surprisingly smooth for me on 4S. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Have you tried restoring your device?

Last edited:

shotta287

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
It's surprisingly smooth for me on 4S. I'm not sure what the problem is.
Have you tried restoring your device?

As a new device ? And i don't exactly mean lag, just some of the animations are very slightly slow

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I don't have a battery life issue but I have found that games like Angry Birds seems to run a bit slower with some hesitation. Seems to come and go as if there is something running in background occasionally - not that I play games all the time.

I don't find my 4s unusable - just occasionally noticable that it is a little slow.

StaticFX

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2012
they are slow on purpose.. it was designed like that. BUT, from what i have heard, this is a common complaint and 7.1 will speed them up a bit. my 4s seems very smooth.

shotta287

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
yeah I don't find it unusable, but just miss the total smoothness of ios6..

Jaimi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2009
It feels smooth to me. Battery life is HORRIBLE though. Sucks battery like there is no tomorrow. I had 30 percent battery and put it on my dresser last night. under IOS6, I would have gotten up and had most of that left. However, it was completely drained this morning. During use (no wifi) yesterday, it used up 90% of the batter in about 3 hours of use. I think all the cool new 3D stuff is likely too draining for the 4s.

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
My battery is still crap. Everything turned off that has been mentioned.

Others with the 4s are having problems as well...
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1644436/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1639211/

There are plenty of other generic battery problems threads as well.

Listened to TuneIn Radio this AM as usual, and made a 1/2 hour call, 15 minutes browsing, and my phone was < 50% by 10AM today. Same usage with iOS 6 would be at around 80% at this point.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
iOS7 runs perfectly on my 4S, with no decrease in battery life.

I am actually surprised at how well my 2 year old 4S runs the new software. Not a single hiccup. Had it not ran well, I would've got the 5S, but I am waiting it out for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.