iOS 7 optimised for iPhone 5s ?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by andy8, Nov 21, 2013.

1. andy8, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

andy8 macrumors regular

Does anyone feel that iOS 7 has not been properly optimised for iPhone 5s ?

My experience so far is that most of the tasks that I usually do on the iPhone 5 and the experience I had from them has been very much the same on the iPhone 5s (which runs a 64-bit processor). I didn't expect a quantum leap - but general optimisation standards and smoother animations.

I expected more fluidity when multitasking is launched and apps are made to quit (which feels a bit buggy with dropped frames occasionally). The same goes to Spotlight (dropped frames and very unoptimised animation) when pulled down on the homescreen. It does appear to function well if its cached after the initial launch.

I'm not being picky, just my thoughts of how the iOS 7 seems unpolished to gain the best out of the iPhone 5s' (great hardware - 64bit CPU).

I understand that games (like Infinity Blade 3) works very well on the 5s (because they have been optimised to gain the best out of the iPhone 5s' 64bit CPU) but my interests really lie in its very own Operating System - iOS 7; and I feel it is holding this state-of-the-art hardware back from its best potential.

Do share your thoughts. Thanks.

2. gardiboy macrumors 6502a

If iOS 7 was fully optimized to take advantage of the A7 processor, there would not be these laggy and stuttering animations. Same goes for the random reboot and crashes.

Something is definately out if place here.
    However if you were to compare iOS 7 and 7.1, there has been some reasonable bug fixes which includes the below.

1) Faster animations.
    2) Touch ID unlocks your phone much faster.
    3) Multitasking has no more pauses.
    4) In multitasking, when u use multiple fingers to swipe up apps, there is no 'missing preview'.

3. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

I think (and hope) that with the released 7.1 version that it'll work better on the 5s as the software clearly isn't optimised yet, for anything lol.

4. viperGTS macrumors 65816

I'm hoping 7.1 brings some optimization for the A7 on the 5s and iPad Air. iOS 7 has it's occasional stutters even on the newest hardware.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If past iOS versions are any indication the big performance increases are ahead of us. Maybe with 7.1 when it comes out of beta. With that said, I've used every version of iOS and so far 7 is a steaming pile.