iOS 7 Optimized 3rd Party Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jbenkelman, Sep 10, 2013.

1. jbenkelman macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

When can we expect to see apps like Facebook and Twitter optimize their user interface to iOS 7 style?

Don't we usually see a few apps update right away? Or are we looking more toward the 18th?

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

iOS devs have only been able to submit apps with the new iOS7 SDK for the last few hours, then there's the approval process, so it won't be straight away no.

This wouldn't have stopped devs submitting apps prior to today to simply make it LOOK more iOS 7ish. but they wouldn't have taken advantage of any new APIs etc.

3. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Probably in the upcoming days, can't wait!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You will likely see them rolling out in the next couple of weeks. I know that for the most part, I haven't seen an app that I use take on the new look. I've been on iOS 7 since beta 1. Now, I think developers weren't supposed to roll out those changes until iOS 7 was released and that could be why. Consider that the devs have had iOS 7 for a while now and they should have been working on getting their apps in order. So again, the next couple of weeks at worst.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Blackboard mobile learn app did. Looks horrible tho.

6. Curun macrumors 6502

Curun

Why do they have to use iOS7's style and can't have their own?

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Is that a surprise coming from Blackboard? Nobody likes their software.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Oh yeah? I don't use it so I don't know. Does it look like iOS 7 or just a take off on the flat design gone wrong?

They don't have to but generally they should employ the keyboard. My apps that I use don't do this either.

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Looking forward to Instacast 4, redesigned for iOS 7. Hope it gets approved right away so it's available on the 18th.

10. absolutazn87 macrumors member

During the keynote, Apple briefly showed a screen containing screenshots of a ton of different iOS 7 optimized apps.

[​IMG]

You can see Facebook (bottom row, 3rd from left), Twitter (bottom, 5th), Path (bottom, 7th), Vimeo (top, 4th), Evernote (middle, 2), Paypal (bottom, last), NBC (middle, 5th), TED (middle, 6th) and others.

Anyone else recognize any?

11. jbenkelman thread starter macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

Nice! Twitter looks to be a lighter blue. I just want the keyboard integrated everywhere. It already looks so old when the iOS 6 version pops up.

Come on developers! Lol

----------

And what about that nike app???

12. bushido Suspended

bushido

GetGlue already updated to a new UI and flat icon a few days ago

13. jbenkelman thread starter macrumors 6502

jbenkelman

This is going to bring some inconsistency to the applications on our phones. You know you are always going to have those couple of apps that don't update to the new looks/keyboards and such, and stand out against the uniformity of the rest.

14. zamudiovsky macrumors regular

not completely, in iOS7 the status bar and the navbar will have the same color, and the keyboard will be the new iOS 7 style, they only changed the app to a flat style

15. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Does anyone have a picture of the old keyboard?

16. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

is instagram part of this list? that screenshot is hard to read some of what those apps are.