iOS 7 Orientation Issue - Hardware or Software Issue?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by GandalfBR, Nov 15, 2013.

1. GandalfBR macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've heard some people having this same issue. The problem is that sometimes the iPad will stuck on either Portrait or Landscape views. My orientation is obviously unlocked.

I am able to get it working again after a reboot or sometimes messing around with the button assignment in Settings (mute or orientation).

When it is locked, if I go to a game like 'Air Wings', it works perfectly. Go back to home screen, orientation still stuck.

So does this rule out that this is a hardware issue but an iOS 7 issue?
    I have an iPad Air and an iPad2, the issue happens on both running 7.0.3.
    Is 7.0.4 supposed to fix this?

My biggest concern/question here is, is this software related only or do I need to swap it out for a new one? The iPad Air, I mean. I really hate doing that and finding another unit with a dead pixel or with some other problem.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.

2. GandalfBR thread starter macrumors newbie

3. twintin macrumors 6502

Have never seen this with 7.0.3 or earlier on my iPad 2. But right after update to 7.0.4, it did happen once and I had to reboot.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Never had this problem on my iPad 4, sorry.
    I'm using 7.0.4 now.

5. hieubui.rtz macrumors member

Me too

This happens to me randomly when i lock orientation in portrait and open an app which forces landscape. When I the app and unlock orientation, somehow it stucks

6. GandalfBR thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I tried resetting it, fresh install, switching side button to mute or rotation and etc.

The problem comes and goes, randomly.

Is this a hardware issue??!

7. liteshow macrumors regular

Was playing around with a new IPad Air in the store yesterday for a minute or so. . Noticed that it was locked in landscape view. Could not rotate it to portrait. Did not really look at it in detail as I had to run.