iOS 7 Orientation Issue - Hardware or Software Issue?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GandalfBR, Nov 15, 2013.

1. GandalfBR macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've heard some people having this same issue. The problem is that sometimes the iPad will stuck on either Portrait or Landscape views. My orientation is obviously unlocked.

I am able to get it working again after a reboot or sometimes messing around with the button assignment in Settings (mute or orientation).

When it is locked, if I go to a game like 'Air Wings', it works perfectly. Go back to home screen, orientation still stuck.

So does this rule out that this is a hardware issue but an iOS 7 issue?
    I have an iPad Air and an iPad2, the issue happens on both running 7.0.3.
    Is 7.0.4 supposed to fix this?

My biggest concern/question here is, is this software related only or do I need to swap it out for a new one? The iPad Air, I mean. I really hate doing that and finding another unit with a dead pixel or with some other problem.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.

2. Bpeacher macrumors newbie

iOS 7 orientation issues

Ios 7 clearly has unresolved orientation issues. My iPad 3 will sometimes even display the background in one orientation, and home screen icons/groups/apps in another. It's crazy to see your background in a different orientation than everything else! Usually have to reboot to fix the issue.

When I change my ipad's orientation, sometimes the screen will properly change orientation very briefly, then snap back to incorrect orientation. I can do this repeatedly, and screen repeatedly snaps back to same orientation regardless of ipad orientation - like it is trying, but just can't quite do it.

This is my second iPad, have had one since iOS 3, never had these issues before. Telling me to check screen lock toggle is less than helpful.:(

3. stsoulos macrumors newbie

Same here with iPad 3 :mad:
    I think ios 7 is the worst ios ever:banghead: