iOS 7.. Please help. :.(

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by blmusic, Jul 9, 2013.

1. blmusic macrumors newbie

Likee a hundred other iphone users I have illegally went to iOS 7. WELP I got bricked out of my phone.... I cant do anything. I have read numerous times about connecting to itunes and holding the button down and it fixes it. And I strongly believe I can resolve this issue if I can ONLY GET MY PHONE TO FREAKING CONNECT TO ITUNES. But I cant. I just paid 650$ like two months ago for this phone. Please help me before my rip my hair out and cry. :(
    --- sincerely a stressed out college girl who is extremely pissed.

2. Unhyper, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013

Unhyper macrumors regular

Unhyper

Plug your device into your computer.
    Turn off the device.
    Hold the Power button for 3 seconds
    Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds
    Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
    Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.

If this doesn't help then your device may already be in DFU mode but past the stage where it sends data to iTunes to identify itself. In this case try the following:
    1. Hold down the Home and power button simultaneously.
    2. After 12 seconds of holding, release the Home button and continue to hold the power button until the Apple logo screen comes on.

3. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

4. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1594304

5. kadillac macrumors member

If you don't know how to put your phone into recovery, you shouldn't be installing Beta iOS. Plain and simple. Not even going to try to explain to you how, it's not worth it.

6. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

Wow really you shouldn't have installed it if you didn't know what you were doing.

Try DFU mode and restore through iTunes.

if that doesn't work then you are out of luck and out of $650.

Been installing betas since iOS 6 without a problem without a developer account.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Everyone keeps saying that saying "its in beta" is a known fact and everyone here is fully aware of the consequences and blah blah blah and that if you're not going to help then don't reply.

This is what happens when inexperienced people mess with things they have no idea about, you end up with a $650 paper weight and I agree, its not worth helping those people who don't understand what a beta software is who then complain of bugs in the OS.

8. nellyplatinum macrumors member

i usually dont like to comment on threads like these,but everyone gets told the same thing "if its not registered and you dont know how to execute commands dont download betas" you shouldve known the consequences before installing this on your $650 device

9. jacobss macrumors 6502

What makes people believe they can brick their iPhones just like that, it's not bricked, you just don't know how to put the phone in DFU mode.

10. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

11. willryan42 macrumors regular

Seriously. I have never heard of an iPhone being legitimately bricked. It's always possibly to restore. If you don't know this, you probably shouldn't be tinkering with betas.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Sounds like the very first reply in the thread provided all the necessary information in regards to that.

13. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

That's true.