iOS 7 profile modes..Similar to Nokia.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Chumkiu, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Chumkiu macrumors member

Chumkiu

One thing I wish Apple would implement is a profiles mode similar to what the Nokia has or had..
    You can have different profiles for example.. Meeting, Outdoors, Driving, Classroom etc..
    And with each of these you can assign different ringtones or the loudness of them.. you can have the flash at the back flash only or have everything silent.. really let the user decide for each profile. You can also give each of your groups in your contacts a different ring tone for each profile so that in a meeting, anyone from your family will have a "beep" ringtone, but everyone else will be silent.. and then vice versa for a different profile etc...

I used to use these so much back in the day.. Anyone else thing something like this could be useful?? ;)

2. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I remember those. Nokia also gave you a timer so that after a movie it would reset from silent mode to ringing mode, as one example. It was useful because to set vibrate on/off was a few menus deep.

However a physical mute switch on the iPhone solved that problem. I don't miss the profiles any more.