IOS 7 release time + server load + risk

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by vmistery, Sep 17, 2013.

1. vmistery macrumors 6502a

Ok so I am looking forward to iOS 7 and have patiently waited (like a 5 year old) for iOS7 but the thing is I am on call for work for the next 2 weeks and I don't really want to wait another 2 weeks. So I have to balance my unnecessary excitement with the risk of something breaking which would render my phone useless either during the upgrade or after.

So I think I can get around the first part of the problem (of it breaking during the upgrade) by upgrading whilst I am at work, if it breaks, I run out and buy another phone. But at what time will the update be released? Will the servers be under so much load my download speed will be that of a snail?

The second point, what are the chances of some as yet unknown bug randomly making the phone crash / turn off / phone feature stop working? Has there been any precedent for this happening?

2. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

You'll be fine. Millions of people are running the GM (Gold Master) version of iOS 7 right now. This is the same software that is on the new iPhone 5c and 5s that's being shipped across the planet right now.

The public release of iOS 7 on Wednesday will be identical to the GM. There are no show-stopping bugs. You'll have no trouble updating, but Apple's servers might be slow upon the release date (the update data is 1.38 GB). Might be better to wait until the following day for better download speeds.

[​IMG]

3. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

You really worry too much.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. vmistery thread starter macrumors 6502a

Awesome, will wait a couple of extra days and do it at work then.

6. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

Upgrade to iOS 7 GM. There, no worries about server load or anything like that. Plus if you don't like it you can revert back to iOS 6. after 18th you won't be able to that too. :D