iOS 7 rounded/bubbly vs iOS 6 straight lines

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by TwoBytes, Sep 1, 2013.

1. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

I'm sure someone else can put it into better words but ios7 looks rounded, bubbly like a kid drawing in balloon writing. iOS 6 feels like straight lines, professional, more adult. The colors looks more baby like too (bright? pastel?) compared to the more pro iOS 6 colours.

Features aside, I feel like the ios team chose the design from a kindergarten competition

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

3. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I think quite the opposite. iOS 7 looks much more professional, whereas the fake leather and linen and skeuomorphic icons look more appealing.

4. Planey28 macrumors 6502

Icons aside, I think iOS 7 looks much more adult than iOS 6. The new wireframe icons are very minimalist and modern whereas the thicker icons in iOS 6 (as well as the skeuomorphism) feel a lot more immature and kiddy.

The iOS 7 home screen icons don't fit in with the rest of the os IMO, they're awful.

5. tkwolf macrumors 6502

Subjective. That's your view, I on the other hand, feels quite the opposite.

6. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

iOS 6 had years of time to mature and develop into the iOS we know.
    iOS 7 is a brand new take and it will take some time to develop and function better. Hate to say this, but wait until iOS 8 when Apple should refine iOS even more.

7. heutusops macrumors regular

:confused: in my view, iOS7 has a more professional font and more formal colors. i think iOS7 is much better than the iOS6