iOS 7 Safari Reader

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by aruro415, Sep 18, 2013.

1. aruro415 macrumors newbie

Anyone cares enough about Safari Reader to let me know how the resize the fonts? used to be there in iOS 6 and now I can't seem to find it, not in Safari or Settings :( I was hoping for night mode too just like iBooks :(

2. mohammed-eg macrumors member

yes man not just we can't adjust font size but also it miss the feel of PDF and book style it's fantastic in IOS 6

3. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

It's now in general settings under "Text Size". Slide all the way to the right and your Safari Reader font will get bigger.

I guess that this will work in all similar apps.

4. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I'm pretty happy with iOS 7, but Safari's new reader function frustrates me so much. I hate reading in sans serif fonts and I thought the whole point of reader was to be able to make web pages easier to read. I wish there was a way to set font/size back to how it was before.

5. Riverton macrumors member

I really want the size adjuster back, especially for my iPad. :(

6. tgd85 macrumors member

I didn't try any beta versions myself, but I've kept a close eye on several forums discussing iOS7 and never saw any other posts about this. How was this overlooked? Do people not use this? Reader was one of Safari's best features, not only for reading, but also for sharing articles with people in a friendly format that could be sent directly in the body of an email message.

In iOS6, we were able to change the theme, font sizes, textured backgrounds, etc. Why on earth would they dumb down this feature?

The only work around I've found so far is to enable "Dynamic Fonts" (Settings --> General --> Accessibility --> Larger Font --> Enable Dynamic..). I can change the size of the font, but can't change the font from aerial.

Brutal.

7. aruro415 thread starter macrumors newbie

This! it used to have a book feel to it :(

Not convenient compared to how it's been done before :(

Yes Apple's been bragging about Safari Reader since they first introduced it! Big surprise they didn't pay attention to it in iOS 7. I just hope iBooks doesn't meet the same fate :(

Me too buddy I want it to be exactly like in iOS 6 with adding night mode too :( I was looking forward to getting the new iPad mini to enhance my reading experience, but if they're going to ditch reader like this and screw over iBooks there's no way i'm wasting my money on an iPad :mad:

Totally brutal and work arounds are absolutely inconvenient. This cannot go unnoticed like this :(

8. orangextc macrumors newbie

I hope they bring back the old reader for Mavericks.

9. youknome macrumors 6502

youknome

It would also be nice to change the background to black and text white, especially when I'm trying to read at night.

I don't want to keep inverting the UI colours every night. A little frustrating.

10. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

I didn't even know you could do all of that with Safari Reader...