iOS 7 Siri is just sooo good.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by emir, Jul 11, 2013.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Beta 1 lasted on my phone for 2 hours, beta 2 for 15 minutes and I've been using Beta 3 for 3 days now. so now that I am using it as the daily driver I'm noticing stuff. So, I don't know if it's only me but I find iOS 7 Siri to be so good. It's way more accurate in understating what you say, feels way smarter, it's responsive and blazingly fast. Especially the addition of Wikipedia is sweet as well. However the weird thing is I thought Siri was supposed to be a server based thing. A server that receives your voice recorded and decodes it, on the cloud, sends the reply for Siri to basically read/show it on your screen. If that's the case, how is it so much more different than iOS 6 Siri?

Difference between iOS 6 Siri vs iOS 7 Siri is like day and night. They are so drastically different that it feels like they're two separate services.

Even though I don't use Siri that often I'm anxious to see future developments on it. It certainly is going the right way compared to it's initial day-view 1.5 years ago. Imagine 10 years from now if Apple keeps at it...

p.s. And I got the feeling they will keep on going with it. Future of tech seems to be wearable computers and Siri would make wonders with wearable tech. Imagine Siri and all it's capabilities at a possible Apple glass or even iWatch with bluetooth headsets, or many many stuff we can't imagine yet.

2. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Siri has always been much better during the beta releases the last couple years. They run it on separate servers for the betas why it is much faster. Its been like this since they initially announced Siri.

Once the public release comes out it will be better no doubt, but it will go back to be slow.

3. ajiuo macrumors 65816

Im sure I'm in the minority.. But I kind of wish they would add a retro voice option for Siri.. I have really grown attached to the clumsy old siri voice.. Its just not the same :(

4. Tankmaze macrumors 68000

Tankmaze

offline siri is the future, where we don't need internet connection for certain basic tasks (set up schedule, send sms, etc). so it doesn't hammer the server.

5. kevingaffney macrumors 6502a

Agreed totally. Ive a broad Irish accent and up to now, Siri couldnt understand anything I asked it, regardless of how slow I spoke. Almost perfect in ios7 though, hope it stays that way

6. Mattjeff macrumors 6502

Mattjeff

Do they have an irish siri?

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

[​IMG]

8. xpected_one macrumors regular

xpected_one

This would be nice!

9. willryan42 macrumors regular

I've always wondered if changing Siri's language changes how your voice is interpreted. I'm from the US, but if I switch it to UK Siri is it interpreting me with a British accent? And therefore affecting responses?

10. seble macrumors 6502a

Why don't you change it an observe and changes in accuracy?

11. cookies! macrumors 6502

Mmmm British Siri makes me feel way smarter and richer