iPhone iOS 7 Stability rating

What would you rate the stability of iOS 7 beta 1 from 1-10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daiichi

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2013
It's pretty stable. I have it a 7. The problems is the speed of the OS, it's not as fluid.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
Despite a few bugs here and there. Its pretty stable. I give it an 8.

Also. You should change the name for this thread to iOS 7 Beta 1 Stability rating. Since stability will change through out the months leading up to its release.

avw5000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
Cupertino
This is a poll rating not a thread rating

i was jw guys jesus... btw my friend in the engineering of ios said that the beta that was shown at wwdc isnt the one we have now.

gglittle

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2012
what would you rank the stability on iOS 7 beta1 from 1-10
Personally I would not give it a "stability rating". Why? Because it's BETA … it's not SUPPOSED to be stable, it's supposed to be a development effort to find bugs and problems that the developers and in-house quality assurance folks have not found.

Does it crash? Yes it crashes, not bad enough for me to go back to 6, but it does crash.

Has it impacted my most used apps? Yes, but again, not bad enough for me to go back to 6. Apps that fail, could very easily be a problem in the application and not in the OS.

Overall I like 7 more than I like 6, but on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate the validity of this thread at -10 (minus 10).

S

syd430

i was jw guys jesus... btw my friend in the engineering of ios said that the beta that was shown at wwdc isnt the one we have now.
"It's 7/10 in stability". I'm sorry but what does it even mean? It crashes every 4 minutes instead of 8? It's either stable or its not. Also every single mobile OS in history, whether it's ios, android, windows phone, palm OS or those before it, has been stable upon final release. I'm not too excited about iOS 7 myself, but I don't see the point of giving beta software "stability rating" out of 10 when its classified as unstable by definition.

Last edited by a moderator:

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
I gave it a 5, it is stable, but there are random reboots, lag, and it is still not feature complete beta 1 is missing Voice memos, Siri Voices, and Posting and Widgets in Notification Center, I assume during the beta process they will be added back. In iOS 6 beta to me it was more stable, since no apps really crashed, and it was feature complete.

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
I give it an 8. Maybe cause' I'm so used to the "lag" I had with my used-to-be heavily jailbroken iPhone, so this one's all glitter and gold in comparison. :D

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Although I also rated the thread at 0/10, I decided to play along and voted :D even though it is almost criminal to rate a beta 1
Not with iOS7. Much more stable than, say, iOS5b1 on the iPad1.

----------

i am talking about for it being beta 1 is it more stable than ios 5 beta 1, 6 etc?

thats the question

it IS much more stable. iOS5 had a LOT of brand new, revolutionary stuff (much more than iOS7, regrettably); no wonder the iOS5 b1 was pretty unstable.